Macros/Micros

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm 25yrs old, 6'2", and 215lbs. I have been working out for 8 months now and my diet hasn't been the best. Mostly because I don't know what intake on my Marcos. I want to be 205 but keep a good amount of muscle. Hoping one of you guys could help me out. Thank you.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Minimum 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight

Minimum 40g fat

Minimum 35g fiber

Limit refined sugars and saturated fat

Eat colorful things in great abundance.

Done.

Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Determine your calorie needs. Keep track for a few weeks, find your maintenance calorie level.

After that, a decent starting point would be to eat at least 1 gram per pound of lean bodyweight (1.25 grams if trying to lose weight, to help prevent muscle breakdown). Each gram of protein is approximately 4 calories.

The rest of your calories divide between Carbs and Fats however fits best into your lifestyle/activity level. Just don't go to extreme levels on either macro, either too high or too low. Carbs are 4 Cals per gram, fats are about 9 Cals per gram.

Eat your vegetables. Both cooked and raw, get lots of different colors in. I've heard that the colors often represent the nutrient profile, so it's good to get all the colors in. May be bullshit, maybe not.

You're trying to drop a few pounds, so if you eat real whole foods, not processed foods, it'll help you lose weight because you'll feel more full, and be getting lots of vitamins and minerals that your body needs to function at its best.

chandy

Reaction score
i've seen a lot of people saying they use myfitnesspal. if u need help keeping count do that. if that is a bitch much for you to do. just keep a guesstimate about how much protein u are at through the day eating roughly 1lb per ideal bodyweight. low fat foods. and loads of fruit and veggies. try to get a lot of fiber in your diet if u are always hungry like me. helps to fill you up more.

New Threads