Favorite Music to Workout to

Rigorhead

Reaction score
I like to listen to Alice in Chains - Dirt when I workout. I'm in my head a lot. Although I've been clean for 20 years, the pain I hear in Layne Staley's voice and especially his lyrics brings it all back home to me. The herion addiction, suicidal thoughts, the agony of trudging through life, all the torture an addict goes through, it's all bared forth on AIC - Dirt. I got on methadone 20 years ago and became a productive member of society.

What music do you like to workout to? It doesn't have to be anything deep. Maybe you like Pantera to give you that PUMP!

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Pantera has been my favorite band for almost 30 years. I have different playlists I listen to in the gym. Almost always metal though. Sometimes I will mix a little TI in there. X-Ray Visions by Clutch will always pull me through long sets. People=Shit by Slipknot is always good for heavy sets.

Boytoy

Elite
Reaction score
Anything that you can feel the emotion in gets me going. Can even be certain love songs for me just as long as I feel what they saying in it. But mostly metal

Reaction score
Anything that blocks out the god awful gym music and people asking how many sets I have left.

My go to is Pantera and Lamb of God. I also like to go to Amazon Music and play the Pantera station. RATM helps too. They are so damn angry at everybody.

jpreston250300

Reaction score
Tool is my go to and can make a long workout fly by, instrumentals and lullaby version really get me in the zone.

Korn, RHCP, Godsmack, perfect circle, Pantara, rage, all good shit.

Gotta love some hair metal too, def leopard, scorpions, gnr,

bob54

Reaction score
AC/DC, Led Zepplen, Van Halen. Loud screaming Guitars and a hard beat

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Down.
Black label society.
Prong
Tool
Rage
Helmet
Corrosion of conformity.
Aborted (termination redux)(
Stuck mojo
APC
Chevelle
Life of agony
PUDDLE OF FUKKKNNN MUDDD
And yea a little Metallica.

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
Metal - Amon Amarth, Slayer, Lamb of God, Atreyu, Pantera, Iron Maiden...

80's Rock - Van Halen, Ratt, Scorpions, Poison, Motley Crue, typical butt rock shit

If running - whatever kind of upbeat techno shit to keep pace with.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I hate that your responses are always wittier that mine. I got country love songs and jazz and now I cant even giggle at that.

For what it’s worth, the image of you shuffling your feet and doing jazz hands to psyche yourself up is priceless.

Jaydub

Elite
Reaction score
Can't beat hatebreed for lifting metal. But my lifting Playlist has all kinds of stuff, sometimes I need different motivation.. so it has lil jon, he's aggressive and upbeat, some Bon Jovi, Joan Jett, some pop country.. but I am a metal head to my core, so the heavy sets are usually Hatebreed, Lamb of God, Static X,.. oh Motley Crue girls girls girls is a fantastic song to lift to..

Rigorhead

Reaction score
I like pretty much everything you guys listen to. I think that's pretty awesome! Also shows that we're probably all around the same age. I'm 43.

New Threads