legs have always been a weak point

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
If you have neglected your legs over the years and just worked out ur upper body this guy really helped me build a base to be able to push more. so if ur just going tru the motions on legs like i have been this is a good watch and worth a try to help them catch up to the rest of your body. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjexvOAsVtI

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
that guy is the equivalent to instahoes promoting their 'glute workouts'

Squats
Leg Press
Leg Extensions
Ham string curls (laying or single legged)
Stiffies
Bike

TUT. Simple.

We get the best pumps that way!

joeyirish777

Reaction score
I dont agree with 25 rep squat sets. very weak risk:reward. easy to tweak, and only a small % of people actually know what their 25 rep 1RM is. most people will chose a weight they could actually do 40 with when doing a 25 rep set. won't do anything mentally or physically except offer more sets to **** up.

Besides that I think its an awesome workout for people with average home gyms. squat rack, dumbbells, bands.

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
it sure is the way but i needed a starting point and after having a broken back i found it easier to start with this and build up.i do all the exercises plus a few above when i can get to the gym but now that im not able to i pretty much have a way to work everything but legs so i have to get a lil creative. This is no longer how i do things. i did find it useful in the beginning though and now to come back to since i dont have any way to do legs at home.
I have just been watching a lot of body weight legs so of course im going to have to do higher reps now. i only do 10 to 14 in the gym but that isnt an option and doesnt seem like its going to be for me at least for a long time.
So if any one has a good leg routine that i can do with 30 lb dumbbells im all in and would appreciate it. im having a hard time with legs right now. just mostly doing lunges and squat super sets right now with some calve raises...getting boring

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I didn't wanna be negative but here we go!

I don't listen to puny dudes about muscle growth

At one time especially at 280 one of my legs were bigger then both his put together!

I have gone from an out of sloppy shape of 235 to boney starving cardio manic at 170 then up to a big ass 280 powerlifter that wasn't sloppy nor beach body but if I wanted it or to do a show I could cut and look great if I wanted to at the time.

It was just not my goal, goal was total strength and the look was like an offseason bodybuilder, wet look.

My dick is bigger then one of his legs!

Seeker said it best and what I wanted to say this morning but backed off.

Leg are the easiest but most brutal to train, so brutal it's why we have a Mr Upper Body world and men's competition in physique covering up their legs with long shorts.

The guy looks like he is in great shape and works hard but grow a leg then teach how to!

Last edited:

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Since we've had no gym.

I have bands.

Chair, short bad around one leg, and i mimic the movement of leg extension, and hold it at the top 20 reps 3 sets.

I have a plate, Heels up, and I do a variation of squats, paused, 1.5 reps. full reps. 20 or more reps.

I have a db if I want to add it in for the squats, or, I do stiffies with my feet still on the plate, heel elevated, full reps, half reps, full reps. to failure.

Foot on the plate, and do a incline lunge or, Bulgarian split squat, 1.5 reps.

if you have bands, you can do stiff legs with that as well. or two short bands and a bar, and pull.

glute bridges. and if you can get your feet under the couch, i can't, i'll fuk my knee. I have yoga blocks for my knees, and i lean forward (band assisted) pull back up, for hams.

i just got my sissy squat stand, i'll be figuring out how i'll be splitting my legs up now.

rogue has bands too, elite. either of those two guys are good to go. mini monster bands or short bands. rogue has a few bands still in stock. i was just on elites site and they're out of john meadows package so, i'm not too sure about their inventory.

stairs, bike. muscle mind connection. don't neglect your muscle mind connection! super duper important.

Thats all I got for now.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Since we've had no gym.

I have bands.

Chair, short bad around one leg, and i mimic the movement of leg extension, and hold it at the top 20 reps 3 sets.

I have a plate, Heels up, and I do a variation of squats, paused, 1.5 reps. full reps. 20 or more reps.

I have a db if I want to add it in for the squats, or, I do stiffies with my feet still on the plate, heel elevated, full reps, half reps, full reps. to failure.

Foot on the plate, and do a incline lunge or, Bulgarian split squat, 1.5 reps.

if you have bands, you can do stiff legs with that as well. or two short bands and a bar, and pull.

glute bridges. and if you can get your feet under the couch, i can't, i'll fuk my knee. I have yoga blocks for my knees, and i lean forward (band assisted) pull back up, for hams.

i just got my sissy squat stand, i'll be figuring out how i'll be splitting my legs up now.

rogue has bands too, elite. either of those two guys are good to go. mini monster bands or short bands. rogue has a few bands still in stock. i was just on elites site and they're out of john meadows package so, i'm not too sure about their inventory.

stairs, bike. muscle mind connection. don't neglect your muscle mind connection! super duper important.

Thats all I got for now.

Band Good Mornings for the win!

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
that guy is the equivalent to instahoes promoting their 'glute workouts'

Squats
Leg Press
Leg Extensions
Ham string curls (laying or single legged)
Stiffies
Bike

TUT. Simple.

This. But id throw in lunges and calf raises (seated and standing)

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I do like Jeff Cavaliere. I watch his videos from time to time because I like hearing his scientific approach to weightlifting.

I have to agree with SFGiants though. I am not taking advice on training legs from a guy who if he had my body to carry around, would collapse under the pressure. Agreed...grow a pair then tell me how you did it lol

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Seems like he's tries to get too cute sometimes. Making prehab/rehab exercises be the bread and butter of the routine, instead of being just warm-ups/activations or specific needs addresses.

But I do watch his videos. :32 (20):

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I’ve considered not training legs so my upper body doesn’t look like shit comparatively.

I might go full Bro this year and train mostly arms.

New Threads