Anybody struggling to NOT lose weight?

CantTouchThis

Reaction score
Yo guys whats up!

I thought I'd see how many of you struggle with the same problem as me; struggling to NOT lose weight! Ever since lockdown, I've been struggling immensely to maintain my weight instead of losing it. I've lost in total, 7lb of weight while actively trying to NOT lose weight. I know its not water weight due to my diet;

3300 cal
92g fat
20g sat fat
413g carb
30g sugar
206g protein
36g fibre
2000mg Sodium (5g)

For me it's almost like trying to run up an icy hill; I feel as if I'm making progress, then the next thing I know I've somehow slipped back down. I don't even feel like its fat I'm losing, I feel as if its a bit of muscle and a bit of fat since I cant workout near as much or to an intensity as I used to, that and my poor excuse for abs are near enough gone lmao.

I've increased my maintenance from 3100 and initially I started gaining a little weight back, however its now turned into my maintenance lmao. I'm thinking about adding another 150 calories of carbs onto the diet and keep increasing every 3 days if I see no weight increase.

Anyway, I really wanted to know if anyone else struggles like this with their weight. I know the majority of people here won't struggle with this, but advice from a few people who do would be great. Should I try increasing my carb intake? Maybe have a snack of my choice at the end of the day to increase the calories enjoyably? Its already 413 and trying to eat 500-600g+ of carbs a day is a struggle from when I've been on a bulk.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
...... "I've increased my maintenance from 3100 and initially I started gaining a little weight back, however its now turned into my maintenance"....

Seems like you solved your own problem.

CantTouchThis

Reaction score
...... "I've increased my maintenance from 3100 and initially I started gaining a little weight back, however its now turned into my maintenance"....

Seems like you solved your own problem.

Let me be clearer; 3100 calories used to be my maintenance, but then I started losing weight, however I went to 3300 to gain weight, however thats now maintenance; I've had this problem in the past where ill increase calories, gain a little weight initially, however then stall and have to increase them again to start gaining again. I was up to 5500 calories during my bulk at one point because I was stalling at 5300, despite having gone from 3100 --> 3300 --> 3500 --> 4000 --> 4500 etc. I'm thinking I need to maybe switch something around with my diet but I just feel like I'm struggling to win this battle

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
It's completely normal.

1. As you get bigger, you need more calories to maintain or grow. All other things being equal, a bigger body requires more Cals.

2. As you eat more Cals, your metabolism adapts and your maintenance/gaining calories requirement increase. Your body will increase NEAT.

3. Plus it's better weather, you might just be doing more.

Numbers 2 and 3 are what get me.

Last edited:

joeyirish777

Reaction score
are you still training? if your muscles have no catalyst, then they have no reason to stay big. especially new muscles

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
are you still training? if your muscles have no catalyst, then they have no reason to stay big. especially new muscles
i struggle the same as u im eating about 3500 to maintain 190...
If i dont work out i will lose weight no matter what i eat...doesnt matter at all. i can eat ice cream all day and watch tv and lose weight. i need the muscle to need to grow or stay the same in order to keep my weight...so training is crucial as well for some of us hard gainers

CantTouchThis

Reaction score
Good points CJ, I should think about the bigger picture.

Also yes! Still working out. Just not as intensive as I usually would due to lack of equipment which is a shame.

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
Good points CJ, I should think about the bigger picture.

Also yes! Still working out. Just not as intensive as I usually would due to lack of equipment which is a shame.
i have the same problem..gotta find ways to put in the work. if your body doesnt need to be big it wont be...so im concentrating on negatives and isolation movements right now...just want to get as much blood in the muscles as you can...go rock climbing or something ..im going to hit the fitness park with a weighted vest to switch it up.you are going to have to get creative with your training.
I have trained for a long time and i still havnt found my sweet spot with cals and workouts. as soon as i get close it changes so you will forever be evloving in some way. you need to find a way to adapt to the way your body changes through life

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
I wish I could eat that many calories and not gain weight. Always had a slow metabolism and my maintenance calories seem to be around 2000 :^ /

El Gringo

Reaction score
Never had the problem. But many times I wish I did.
Soak everything in olive oil or start eating sugary foods so you get cravings