Gyms still closed

El Gringo

Reaction score
I live in FL and all gyms and restaurants are currently able to open up at 50% capacity.

95% of the gyms are either LA Fitness, Youfit, or Planet Bean. None are open and cannot be contacted. Their phones have a recorded message saying “all gyms all closed for further notice” then the line hangs up. The websites say the same message.

LA fitness says on their website they are opening up in Georgia and Arizona this week, despite Georgia already being open for almost 3 weeks.

this ain’t California where things won’t open until the next decade!

The last 10-15 years I’ve seen gyms become a monopoly with about 5 or companies owning all the gyms. I miss the local gym and makes me hate these big corporations having control over us.

I sure hope none of these gyms get a penny from the government, go out of business and local gyms pop up again.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Yea we will surely be last here in Cali :32 (8):
I see it this way, so many people have bought thier own workout equipment by now that even when the gyms reopen a lot of people will have cancelled thier membership.
the gyms won't have enough members to stay open from that, people losing motivation over the course of this and then the people that are worried of getting sick. In turn, a lot of locations will inevitably close down.
I'm with you on the local gyms, hopefully we do see some more of those pop up in thier place.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
9am Sunday for me. My wife and I are already arguing on who's going first.

I still say my members only social club gym idea is a good one that way it's a private social club and can stay open always.

These ****ing democratic states are just holding off for some agenda smh.

El Gringo

Reaction score
These ****ing democratic states are just holding off for some agenda smh.
They have lots of agendas in mind. I’m convinced they will keep gyms closed to keep their battle against “toxic masculinity” going. Next we’ll see the vaccines containing large amounts of soy!

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
They have lots of agendas in mind. I’m convinced they will keep gyms closed to keep their battle against “toxic masculinity” going. Next we’ll see the vaccines containing large amounts of soy!

I live right by Chicago in Indiana were opening up this weekend Kohl's already open just got email Illinois I guess is extending it again it will be a shit show everyone will be flooding my area trying to to to bars and barbers and stores and gyms SMH not looking forward to this.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The state u r in wants people to flood the area unless u prefer higher taxes in the future.....

I live right by Chicago in Indiana were opening up this weekend Kohl's already open just got email Illinois I guess is extending it again it will be a shit show everyone will be flooding my area trying to to to bars and barbers and stores and gyms SMH not looking forward to this.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
I feel for you brother.. our gym has been open for almost 3 weeks but I live in a rural Western State. So far, everything is moving smooth

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
The state u r in wants people to flood the area unless u prefer higher taxes in the future.....

Yeah flood as in move into not flood us when they are on lock down and all coming over the border to use all of our stuff. There is so many people moving from Illinois to my area that they ran out of room already in my town to build anymore.

I can only imagine how many people from Illinois will trying to get haircuts and use the gyms.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Thankful that my main gym only closed for 1 week the entire time. I also go to Crunch which closed for 8 weeks but has been open for 2-3 weeks.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
i hear ya guys. im in michigan and our governor seems to want to keep us shutdown forever. thankfully ohio gyms open up next week. might be worthwhile to make the drive 2-3 times a week.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This increases property values, again how is this a negative? People coming across the border spending money is a positive, how is this a negative? The gym owners and salon owners will welcome those people with open arms yet it appears u will be in the parking lot protesting with signs saying go back to Illinois.....Illinois loss is another States gain and u are in the State with the gain yet you seem unhappy....

Yeah flood as in move into not flood us when they are on lock down and all coming over the border to use all of our stuff. There is so many people moving from Illinois to my area that they ran out of room already in my town to build anymore.

I can only imagine how many people from Illinois will trying to get haircuts and use the gyms.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
This is the reason to belong to small private gyms. Hell, you can't even push yourself in a commercial gym.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
This increases property values, again how is this a negative? People coming across the border spending money is a positive, how is this a negative? The gym owners and salon owners will welcome those people with open arms yet it appears u will be in the parking lot protesting with signs saying go back to Illinois.....Illinois loss is another States gain and u are in the State with the gain yet you seem unhappy....

I am not trying to argue with you on 2 different threads man obviously your a difficult person not sure if its just today or this is how you are daily but I prefer not to talk to negative people if I wanna argue I will go home and argue with my wife. Your right you know everything I'm wrong you win have a good day.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I released the Coronavirus here in japan. I blamed it on the ChimComs.

My nefarious plan is to keep Gibson out of the gyms so that he can never outshine me.

Bahahahahahaga!

well ur fukked, I just built a squat rack from plumbing parts :32 (17):

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe consider putting together a gym with some guys, that's what I did. Had about 12 guys, we all through in x# of $ and everyone paid x for the rent. One stipulation, you walk, you walk empty handed. Many years later the gym dissolved and the last men standing was my best friend and myself. 80% of the gym equipment and weights I have is from that old gym.

This is not for the person who wants to pay $20 a month and oggle chick in yoga pants. But then, you do the work in the gym and can have all the woman you want outside the gym.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Atillis gym in south Jersey went and opened up before it was allowed to by me!
Been all over the news!
I'll continue to train at home till the smoke clears!

GSgator

Reaction score
They should just post signs that read at your own risk and open them all up.

New Threads