Gyms still closed

sfw509

Reaction score
I'm in Indiana, just over the border from Illinois. This can reopen at 50% capacity but not all have yet. My gym is small and they keep the membership numbers in check. But who knows what 50% is. Just hoping the place doesn't shut down when all of this is over.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
They should just post signs that read at your own risk and open them all up.

Totally agreed!
Everything else thts being implyed
Is just a violation of constitutional rights!

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
I’m hoping we open up here in NJ on the 5th. Things seem to be going as scheduled. Pretty anxious to see where I’m at but at the same time gotta be careful, definitely more susceptible to injuries not having touched any real weights all this time.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Maybe consider putting together a gym with some guys, that's what I did. Had about 12 guys, we all through in x# of $ and everyone paid x for the rent. One stipulation, you walk, you walk empty handed. Many years later the gym dissolved and the last men standing was my best friend and myself. 80% of the gym equipment and weights I have is from that old gym.

This is not for the person who wants to pay $20 a month and oggle chick in yoga pants. But then, you do the work in the gym and can have all the woman you want outside the gym.

I will say it....you have a higher caliber of friends than I do.

If I did that with mine, we’d have 12 chest machines and a leg extension.

El Gringo

Reaction score
Maybe consider putting together a gym with some guys, that's what I did. Had about 12 guys, we all through in x# of $ and everyone paid x for the rent. One stipulation, you walk, you walk empty handed. Many years later the gym dissolved and the last men standing was my best friend and myself. 80% of the gym equipment and weights I have is from that old gym.

This is not for the person who wants to pay $20 a month and oggle chick in yoga pants. But then, you do the work in the gym and can have all the woman you want outside the gym.
Funny thing is about 2 years ago I bought a squating rack with 500 lbs of weights with a bench barbell and adjustable dumbbells (everything I need). I placed it outside under my friends driveway cabana. (He lives in a shittier part of the neighborhood than me, and wouldn’t fair well with my neighbors.

I did it for 2 reasons:
1. To get my friend into lifting weights with me.
2. For emergency use (specifically for gym holidays or if for whatever reason the gym might close)

well... I ended up moving 1:30 north about 6 months ago and left all the equipment there and he never even touches it. I have no room for it at my new place either. I was almost prepared...

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
Gyms may never be the same again from these commie retards. (Getting temp taken at door, being turned away if crowded, by appt only, limited days per week, etc).
Always been a home gym lifter, always will be. Most gyms these days are filled with IG flexing retards anyways, no thanks...

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
Gyms opened up here in Arizona - no real restrictions at my commercial gym other than some cleaning girls wiping everything down and every other cardio machine being shut off.

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
i hear ya guys. im in michigan and our governor seems to want to keep us shutdown forever. thankfully ohio gyms open up next week. might be worthwhile to make the drive 2-3 times a week.
i was thinking the same thing ...there isnt even a thought about date here...
i thought hogan was going to come on an announce starting stage two but he just said we are going to start finishing phase 1...hogan is a water head he thinks hes gonna be president...not after this he wont...i dont have the gyms opening here till end of august if then...
Shit if i didnt buy a house 2 yrs ago i would just move im over living in this over crowed dirty shitty state....

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
Gyms may never be the same again from these commie retards. (Getting temp taken at door, being turned away if crowded, by appt only, limited days per week, etc).
Always been a home gym lifter, always will be. Most gyms these days are filled with IG flexing retards anyways, no thanks...
that sounds like a lot but id gladly go tru all that just to hae a chance to go..i dont even have a start date in sight....

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
that sounds like a lot but id gladly go tru all that just to hae a chance to go..i dont even have a start date in sight....

I worked from home today and my wife just got back from the gym I am heading there at 12:30 I am so excited.

chandy

Reaction score
shit supposedly from an EMS friend that gets updates weeks before anything happens said it will probably be over a month before gyms finally open back up here in NC. shit has me going crazy

New Threads