How many hours/days after last injection to get mid-cycle bloods?

loafie

Reaction score
So I've heard Dr Rand McClain say that he recommends getting bloods done on the same day (few hours after your last injection) after you inject to get a more accurate idea of your peak T level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIFTcBBIhbY

That has me a little confused since I thought with long ester testosterone like enanthate it takes 2 days or so after injecting for T levels to peak in blood, which would imply it would be best to get mid cycle bloods 2 days after the last injection?

Any tips?

cheers

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Typically we check levels at their lowest (in the trough). Not at their peak.

loafie

Reaction score
Oh that's interesting, what is the reasoning behind checking levels at the trough?

It is just a safer assumption that it's a more accurate representation of test levels since there are no peaks that may skew it??

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Oh that's interesting, what is the reasoning behind checking levels at the trough?

It is just a safer assumption that it's a more accurate representation of test levels since there are no peaks that may skew it??

Well, getting bloods pulled on cycle really isn’t about your testosterone level, is it?

If we are interested in testing test levels on cycle it’s usually because we’re curious to see if our UGL test is dosed correctly (as stated on the vile). Most of the cross references will be numbers in the trough.

Perhaps this is because men on TRT are typically only concerned with whether or not their Rx dose of test is high enough to not dip below a certain minimum. So you’d test in the trough.

In other words, if my Rx is 160mg of test per week I’ll want to see whether on day 6 that there is enough testosterone in my system to keep me healthy and feeling like a man.

On cycle you are mostly checking to see how elevated your e2 is. To determine if you are dosing your AI correctly or if you need to start taking AI. Also to see that your liver/kidney function isn’t poor.

Hypothetically, you don’t even need to know your test level while on cycle if you trust your source.

Hope this makes sense.

Not 100% sure I’ve outlined the complete (or even totally accurate) reasons for testing in the trough. But this is my understanding of it.

Maybe others know more.

loafie

Reaction score
Well, getting bloods pulled on cycle really isn’t about your testosterone level, is it?

If we are interested in testing test levels on cycle it’s usually because we’re curious to see if our UGL test is dosed correctly (as stated on the vile). Most of the cross references will be numbers in the trough.

Perhaps this is because men on TRT are typically only concerned with whether or not their Rx dose of test is high enough to not dip below a certain minimum. So you’d test in the trough.

In other words, if my Rx is 160mg of test per week I’ll want to see whether on day 6 that there is enough testosterone in my system to keep me healthy and feeling like a man.

On cycle you are mostly checking to see how elevated your e2 is. To determine if you are dosing your AI correctly or if you need to start taking AI. Also to see that your liver/kidney function isn’t poor.

Hypothetically, you don’t even need to know your test level while on cycle if you trust your source.

Hope this makes sense.

Not 100% sure I’ve outlined the complete (or even totally accurate) reasons for testing in the trough. But this is my understanding of it.

Maybe others know more.

Thanks for taking the time to explain everything so clearly!

That makes, especially in the case of men that are on testosterone for TRT purposes.

I suppose in my case (since Im doing it for anabolic purposes and thus using UGL source) then certainly one of the reasons Im getting mid-cycle bloods is to see if its adequately dosed, but yes it is also definitely to see where my E2 as well as other bio-markers are.

Since this is my first cycle, and want to verify my source, then Im guessing it would make sense to get the bloods done like 24 hours after my last injection?

(does test enanthate peak blood t-levels 24 or 48 hours after last injection?)

thanks

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to explain everything so clearly!

That makes, especially in the case of men that are on testosterone for TRT purposes.

I suppose in my case (since Im doing it for anabolic purposes and thus using UGL source) then certainly one of the reasons Im getting mid-cycle bloods is to see if its adequately dosed, but yes it is also definitely to see where my E2 as well as other bio-markers are.

Since this is my first cycle, and want to verify my source, then Im guessing it would make sense to get the bloods done like 24 hours after my last injection?

(does test enanthate peak blood t-levels 24 or 48 hours after last injection?)

thanks

Nope.

Get them pulled at their lowest.

That’s when we all get them pulled. Otherwise you’ll be comparing your peak to other’s troughs.

We will still be able to help you determine whether or not your test is dosed correctly. Or at least in the correct ball park.

New Threads