Thor Bjornsson States He Is Retiring From WSM

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
Interesting -

Summary: Thor is upset with a recent Giants Live "documentary" in which they seem to throw shade at Thor over the controversial 2017 WSM results in which Thor was docked a point for dipping during the Viking Press, paving the way for Hall to win. That coupled with WSM being notoriously bad at preparing and pulling off events and not being invited to the next WSM event seemed to "be the final straw". Granted, this and the boxing match is probably all for publicity, but still.

“I’m absolutely done. I would never in my life compete for Giants Live (World’s Strongest Man qualifier) again… never! And I probably would never compete at World’s Strongest Man again ever and I’m probably retired. That was just kind of like the last straw for me, that BS video and that Giants Live posted as well was just the last straw for me.
“Those motherf***ers went too far and I’m done with this. I’m not competing for those guys ever again.
“I might do Arnold, but Giants Live, never.”

https://barbend.com/thor-bjornsson-giants-live/

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
That behind the scene footage that was leaked out proved everything.

The guy is a baby in my opinion the judge gave him like 3-4 other warnings and let those still count and he kept doing it and I closely watched he did not do it properly like 5-7 times then after wards hes walking around crying to everyone and trying to pull the celeb card to work in his favor. Bitch move if you ask me. He already won before and placed a bunch rules are rules be gracious. They even warned him prior to all the events starting that's on video as well.

That whole world record thing I thing is BS he should of said he will do it for fun now and really set the record at the event still would of made the money he did regardless.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Based on the documentaries and YouTube videos, I like Eddie Hall more. Eddie seems like someone that I would enjoy hanging out with. Thor, not so much...

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Based on the documentaries and YouTube videos, I like Eddie Hall more. Eddie seems like someone that I would enjoy hanging out with. Thor, not so much...

Seems like none of the Icelanders were pleasant.

Go Team Poland!!!

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
I hope he still does the Arnold. The video was heavily edited like he didnt shake Eddies hand, which was BS. It was also a BS move to do that as a Strongman Org (put that video out), some Say Eddie is part owner of that org. He had a very bad day, not gonna judge a person on a bad day. Eddie acts like a big child himself w/ petty nonsense, whining about records and what not. (After doing some of his records at "record breaker" events and not in contest. They both are extrememly passionate and hate losing, but their rivalry was bad for the sport, and it has been over with until Eddie started his negative campaign when Thor did the recent DL record. (Which he was going to do in a contest, but it got covid-canceled). Eddies a k-un**t.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
He is pissed and emotionally driven on that statement. Who knows what he will once he calms down and thinks on it. He is a great athlete and a important factor in his sport. I wish him the best at whatever he does

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score

I hope he still does the Arnold. The video was heavily edited like he didnt shake Eddies hand, which was BS. It was also a BS move to do that as a Strongman Org (put that video out), some Say Eddie is part owner of that org. He had a very bad day, not gonna judge a person on a bad day. Eddie acts like a big child himself w/ petty nonsense, whining about records and what not. (After doing some of his records at "record breaker" events and not in contest. They both are extrememly passionate and hate losing, but their rivalry was bad for the sport, and it has been over with until Eddie started his negative campaign when Thor did the recent DL record. (Which he was going to do in a contest, but it got covid-canceled). Eddies a k-un**t.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
OTOH, I have no doubt that Thor will break Eddie Hall's record. IMHO, he has the physical traits necessary to deadlift, and I can see him going more than 1kg over the world record, if he keeps it up!

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
his big ol vag is itching and that is all...biggest freaken cry baby in the world, he lost, got away with a few he shouldnt have and still wants to whine and cry....makes him look weaker

Reaction score
Eddie said it best, Thor has too many yes men about him.
Hands down Eddie is my favorite strongman, charismatic, a bastard at times, but always says it with a smile, and he pushes for awareness for men's mental health. I think he's a solid dude, and Thor was just a sore loser.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I was never a Thor fan. He got a role in GOT and his pp got smaller while his head swelled up. Eddie Hall is a funny guy but never an icon in the sport IMO. Both extremely strong athletes but will be known more for their banter than their sportmanship. Sad really

I have been a Brian Shaw fan for years. Before that and even still Kaz was a guy I looked up to.

Team USA!

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
Agreed - would like to see Martins, Mateusz, Stoltman bros, and others be the future of strongman, all those guys have legit competitive personalities but aren't douches about it.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Mateusz will dominate soon if he can stay injury free and bring up his deadlift....

sfw509

Reaction score
Totally agree, Mateusz Kieliszkowsk is awesome.

Last edited:

Laser50216

Reaction score
I lost a lot of respect for him bc of this. Everyone is wrong sometimes and no one wins every time. This makes him look llike less of a man. Should have just moved on with his life and learn to do better from the past.

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
I like strongman, but this "controversy" is just taking away from the sport

New Threads