False advertising on the web

Reaction score
What is going on with the world. There seem to be websites advertising on other websites - that I thought had some integrity - that are using the names of products with the intention of misleading people. I mean what the hell. There are so many people trying to take advantage of honest folks. For example...I click a link that take me to a page advertising gear. Then I click on the ingredient list and it's a proprietary blend of BS. I feel like I should take facebook ads and things warning people new to the fitness lifestyle to beware of these shenanigans. I have now begun to warn people I work with personally of these sorts of tactics I hadn't even realized were a thing until now. People work so hard to change their life for the better and people want to take advantage of them. Shame.

Sorry for the rant I"m sure this topic has been covered elsewhere I just hadn't come across it yet.

-Happy Trails

Sicwun88

Reaction score
The world is a crooked place!
You gotta be in point with everything & anything these days!!!

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
For example...I click a link that take me to a page advertising gear. Then I click on the ingredient list and it's a proprietary blend of BS.

They know their product is garbage so they can't rely on repeat business so their only recourse is to try and deceive you into a one-time purchase.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
y’all remember the ON protein scam not that long ago.
I've learned, never click and buy anything from Facebook ads

Reactions: Jin

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I once called one of those discount plumbing companies in the Yellow Pages....I asked them to send me the guy with the biggest pipe, not happy when a female plumber showed up at the door.......

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
y’all remember the ON protein scam not that long ago.
I've learned, never click and buy anything from Facebook ads
I commonly come across shit on Google when looking to buy something where the price just seems too good to be true .. then I find the website has been up less than 6 months... I just stay away and pay more.

liftsiron

Elite
Reaction score
I know where anyone interested can get a good but on herbal hgh.
Joking of course.

New Threads