New guy trying to lean out.

DOOM

Reaction score
I just wanted to say what’s up to everyone.
i am 46 years old and on trt. I have been lifting on and off for about six years. I am currently 4 weeks into a cycle of Test and Npp. I am trying to recomp/lean out a bit. My appetite has been out of control. The gyms are still closed so home workouts for the time being.

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction as far as diet is concerned.

Reactions: Jin

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to The Underground.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
caloric deficit mate.

also, welcome to the UG

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the crew Doom.

You gave very little info, so tough to give advice. I'll give you some generic advice though... if you're trying to lean out, stick to whole foods, avoid highly processed foods, eat more veggies, both raw and cooked, make sure that you're eating an adequate amount of protein, and keep trigger foods (foods that derail your plan) out of your house for now.

You do that, and it's much easier to eat in the necessary caloric deficit to move weight.

Proper weight training is a must, and do as little cardio to assist in calorie burn. Can just be going for a walk a few times per day. Just move, get the blood flowing, get the heart rate up a little bit.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Look for spongy's thread under nutrition, it explains the recomp diet... Follow it and ask questions

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Welcome to the underground!!
Plenty of good resourceful information here!

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
Welcome to ug.
Didn’t give a lot of info as ca said all I will add is to down load my fitness pal and if u put in your goals it will give u a caloric intake to reach ur goals.
Another way is search tdee in the forums and u will find the equation to find out how many cals u burn a day. From there just eat 200 cals less a day and see what happens. The test will help u burn fat just by having more test in ur system. The npp might make u retain a lil water so u can prob. Count on losing 5 lbs when u cycle off.
Everyone’s nutrition needs are different. See it here everyday. It’s gonna be a trial and error.
bottom line is u just need to eat less cals then u burn.

Mhenshaw

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG, Doom. Lots of good information here.

Mister Slicksta

Reaction score
Welcome broski. Read up on some of the stickies for diet and nutrition.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Welcome. Pull up a chair and make yourself at home. As for leaning out... it's diet, conditioning, and drugs.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome. Eat clean and do cardio. Especially since gyms are closed there still.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the board. Any consideration on putting the cycle on pause while the gyms are closed? If you are trying to lean out a bit, why not just work on that while the gyms are closed, and then when they open back up, you will be at a lower bf and ready to go.

DOOM

Reaction score
Welcome to the board. Any consideration on putting the cycle on pause while the gyms are closed? If you are trying to lean out a bit, why not just work on that while the gyms are closed, and then when they open back up, you will be at a lower bf and ready to go.
I am truly impressed how cool everyone has been to me so far.Thank you! Bro I am already half way thru week 4, so I’m going to give it a go. This wasn’t meant to be a high gains cycle anyway. Also my goal is just to cut up while retaining muscle and losing body fat.I really think if I log this it will push me harder and help keep my diet checked. I have a decent set up at home. I just need to up my cardio game and stay away from processed carbs. I am not trying to be a body builder just trying to stay fit.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Based on the veins in your thighs I would say you are pretty lean already.

Sounds stupid, but if you are worried about your appetite throw out the tv. Very strong correlation between caloric intake and tv consumption

New Threads