Current Maxes for Big 3...

BrotherIron

Reaction score
What's everyone's current PR's for the Big 3 (Squat/Bench/Deadlift) and at what weight? Also, are the lifts equipped, raw, etc...

These aren't lifetime PR's but what you've hit recently, within the last 6 months.

For me at 242lbs (raw w/ wraps):
535 Squat w/ wraps for a single
505 Squat w/ sleeves for a single
245+75lbs chain Bench for a double
495 Conventional Deadlift for a single

Looking to add at least 50lbs to each lift within the next 5 months. Shouldn't be a problem.

So... post them up and let's motivate each other to push harder and blast through these goals...

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
At 255

Squat 561 in briefs and belt
Bench 336 + 106 chains in shirt and belt
Deads 540 + 90 bands in briefs and belt

These will be beaten a few times before August 1st. True numbers will come on that day.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My best days are a few years behind me.

Squat - 405x8 in sleeves (won't go heavier with the hip. no need)
Bench - 385 on my bday back a few months ago.
Conv Dead - 585. Prob could have pushed it a little more but I really just wanted to pull 6 plates again.

All raw.

I'm not full on powerlifting anymore, but I 'll prob test my bench and deadlift maxes a few times a year. I most likely won't ever squat a heavy single again. I'm hoping to feel good enough to take a single at like RPE 8 at some point this year. That would be about as far as I push it.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Around 190 lbs

Squat: 415, no belt, with Oly shoes, really deep.
Bench: 295 w/nothing
Dead: 435 w/nothing, 455 w/straps
Really Deep, eh? I can't even rep you for that. I wish I could.

I don't max out.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
My best days are a few years behind me.

Squat - 405x8 in sleeves (won't go heavier with the hip. no need)
Bench - 385 on my bday back a few months ago.
Conv Dead - 585. Prob could have pushed it a little more but I really just wanted to pull 6 plates again.

All raw.

I'm not full on powerlifting anymore, but I 'll prob test my bench and deadlift maxes a few times a year. I most likely won't ever squat a heavy single again. I'm hoping to feel good enough to take a single at like RPE 8 at some point this year. That would be about as far as I push it.

I think many of us are chasing that feeling. I get goosebumps of the thought of loading 6 plates again on squat and pulls.

I'm sure you'll hit that 8 on squats soon enough.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
I guess I should update mine with what I've done in training at the moment.

535 Squat w/ sleeves
565 Squat w/ wraps
505 DL
275 + 65lbs chain Bench

Excited to see what I do come Dec.

FlyingPapaya

Shit Pickle
Reaction score

535 Squat w/ sleeves
565 Squat w/ wraps
505 DL
275 + 65lbs chain Bench

You a strong mfer! I'd love to see where you go and maybe some lifting vids!

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
i dont do the "big 3" closest to it
incline barbell bench 405x8
Barbell Squats 405x6 :(
Romanian Dealifts 455x6

just added barbell squats back in this week, told myself im not competing until i can squat 495 for 5-8 reps. really need to focus on my mobility as well as squats are awkward as hell for me

snake

Veteran
Reaction score

535 Squat w/ sleeves
565 Squat w/ wraps
505 DL
275 + 65lbs chain Bench

Can't bitch about improvement! My last single was 4 years ago in a meet and that will be the last time I ever single.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Can't bitch about improvement! My last single was 4 years ago in a meet and that will be the last time I ever single.

True. I should be good for 595-605 for squats with wraps. The thing that hurts me at the moment is wrapping myself and then walking it out after. I'm toast before I begin the squat.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
True. I should be good for 595-605 for squats with wraps. The thing that hurts me at the moment is wrapping myself and then walking it out after. I'm toast before I begin the squat.

Grabbing the addition plate at 585 was always scary. I called that my Medusa weight. Don't look at it before you go or it will turn you to stone. Seriously, I NEVER looked at the big weight after it was loaded onto the bar.

I wrap my own knees all the time when I workout. For the most part, I use to prefer to wrap my own at a meet too; I like consistency. Nothing sucks more then timing your wrap at a meet and the guy before you has just been miss racked with his weight or they didn't set your bar height right.

This is one thing I think most first-timers do not understand about the difference between a meet and singling in the gym. You don't get to pick your favorite psyched up song and you go when they tell you, not when you feel like it. "Bar is loaded" and you better get that squat command in 60 seconds, some feds are real sticklers.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Grabbing the addition plate at 585 was always scary. I called that my Medusa weight. Don't look at it before you go or it will turn you to stone. Seriously, I NEVER looked at the big weight after it was loaded onto the bar.

I wrap my own knees all the time when I workout. For the most part, I use to prefer to wrap my own at a meet too; I like consistency. Nothing sucks more then timing your wrap at a meet and the guy before you has just been miss racked with his weight or they didn't set your bar height right.

This is one thing I think most first-timers do not understand about the difference between a meet and singling in the gym. You don't get to pick your favorite psyched up song and you go when they tell you, not when you feel like it. "Bar is loaded" and you better get that squat command in 60 seconds, some feds are real sticklers.

I prefer to have someone wrap me. Now it has to be someone I know and trust. They can crank those wraps tighter and I can get in the right head space when they're doing that.

Funny you mention the music. At my old PLing gym, the strongest person in the gym dictated the music selection and one guy in particular would choose Cher to **** with everyone. The good 'ol days.

The other thing about meets is that air is intense. You can feel the energy. At least for me that's always how I felt. I fed off it and got more and more psyched up. Some people folded from it but I was always able to more easily focus and get more amped. I miss that environment.

Last edited:

New Threads