Vegetarian guy trying to cut.

DOOM

Reaction score
Hello guys looking for any feedback on this vegetarian cutting diet I am working on. Please spare me any why don’t you just eat meat replies.

i have been having a horrible time controlling carbs and beer intake. Yes I like eggs a lot and don’t mind eating them twice a day.

I wish I could incorporate more fruits and veggies but I’m already going over my macro goals. So any feedback on how to tweak things is more then welcome. Unfortunately I am supplementing with more isolate then I would like. I am only shooting for 10 weeks to start with.

3FB2B9FD-91CF-4DE0-91C6-FFE218DA9670.jpg2FC43EFB-4EF7-45D2-87A9-26BB576D1436.jpg594F09A4-E754-4821-8B30-2C84B31D3F21.jpg48233298-AAB7-46ED-8E16-804A7B2B0EDD.jpg03D6600C-E34C-4ECE-8AD8-A55A472B2DDB.jpgE6E28C8F-2851-4C34-B736-8DEBA5EBD078.jpg

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I can only comment on the beer intake.....yes! Sorry, Tofurky scared me off.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
I would be starving on this diet! Not a fan of diets that consist of fat more than carbs & protein.
Besides I need oatmeal in there not a beer drinker! How much do you weigh? Whats your bf percentage?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Tough time controlling carbs? You're barely eating any, so not too sure why you're saying that.

How much beer and what kind are you drinking? Be honest. This is where you should be putting your efforts of your trying to lean out.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
easy, drastically lower fat intake and add in some carbs to the diet and maybe even allow some low calorie beers. you could cut fat intake by more then half without even really noticing.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Tough time controlling carbs? You're barely eating any, so not too sure why you're saying that.

How much beer and what kind are you drinking? Be honest. This is where you should be putting your efforts of your trying to lean out.
Where is the beer accounted for in that app because I don't see it.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Where is the beer accounted for in that app because I don't see it.

My thoughts exactly. If he's having a 12 pack every night, there's no need to go any further.

DOOM

Reaction score
Ok you guys are not following what I am saying. This hasn’t been my diet for the last 3-4 months. This is something I put together yesterday. I honestly hardly drink. Maybe 2-3 week and usually only 2-3 beers or drinks.

DOOM

Reaction score
I would be starving on this diet!
Not a fan of diets tht consist of fat
More than carbs & protein?
Besides I need oatmeal in there,
Not a beer drinker! How much do you weigh? Whts your bf percentage?
I am trying to keep carbs down. I could easily consume 3500 calories, 300g of protein and 300g of carbs. That’s not going to drop my body fat percentage though. Nor will dropping fat and adding carbs. Please enlighten me on better way to hit my macros on a low carb vegetarian diet.

I am 47 years old 5’9 180lbs prob, 15% BF.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Well, you said that you were having a horrible time controlling your carb and beer intake, so of course we're going to comment on that. Especially when you left out exactly how much beer you are drinking. So don't get mad at us for asking, you asked for our help, yet left out important information.

What exactly are your macro targets anyway? Of course that will only be important as long as your overall calories in and out equation is in your favor.

DOOM

Reaction score
Well, you said that you were having a horrible time controlling your carb and beer intake, so of course we're going to comment on that. Especially when you left out exactly how much beer you are drinking. So don't get mad at us for asking, you asked for our help, yet left out important information.

What exactly are your macro targets anyway? Of course that will only be important as long as your overall calories in and out equation is in your favor.
No bro, I’m not upset! Your right I left that part out. My TDEE is about 2300 -2500cals. My goal macros are what I listed above. I am obviously trying to eat Some what below my TDEE, while keeping carbs low and protein moderate. I could easily cut some of the fat out of you see that as a game breaker on dropping my BF %.

YES, I am having a hard time with carbs still. I want rice, beans, oats, tortillas, crackers, bread and all the fruit in the world! Lol, the struggle is real!!

Last edited:

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
Explain to me why you can’t lose weight increase carbs and drastically lowering fat?

2000 calorie day:
250g carbs
150g protein
45g fat

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Well when you do highly restrictive diets, it's going to be tough. Especially with the low amount of calories that you're trying to limit yourself to. You're going to have cravings.

Have you tried eating more calories, but doing more activity to offset the increase? Low activity and low calories is not a good plan for success.

I lose weight on 3500+ calories because I'm highly active. Lots of carbs, fats, and protein. It can be done. This last week was roughly 300g C, 270g P, 135g F.

Last edited:

DOOM

Reaction score
Explain to me why you can’t lose weight increase carbs and drastically lowering fat?

2000 calorie day:
250g carbs
150g protein
45g fat

I have already tried something like this before. My body just holds a lot water on this amount of carbs. I am close to 50 years old!

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
You don’t want to try higher carbs low fat but you are looking for advice on dieting when you crave more carbs.... not sure what type of advice you are looking for man.

DOOM

Reaction score
You don’t want to try higher carbs low fat but you are looking for advice on dieting when you crave more carbs.... not sure what type of advice you are looking for man.
I just told you brother. I have ALREADY been there done this. I am willing to try anything!

DOOM

Reaction score
I am pretty active as well bro. I work two jobs that I’m on my feet 6 days a week. I also do some trail mountain bike riding twice a week.
I think my Metabolism just isn’t what it used to be. I am already rather lean. Just holding some water and every drop of fat I have is on my back and midsection. I really appreciate your feedback. Your right the craving are killing me already. That’s the hardest part! I have been trying to keep my trigger foods at a distance. Maybe there is something to help curb my appetite? Caffeine doesn’t do anything!

joeyirish777

Reaction score
experiment with foods in super markets like low calorie popcorn, protein pancakes, low calorie syrup, diet sodas, sparkling waters.

if you keep yoyo dieting with random diets like the example you gave, your ghrelin levels are going to spike up and knock you into 25% body fat before u ever get even get a chance for a healthy diet.

carbs are king. just find satiating foods and stop drinking alcohol.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
YES, I am having a hard time with carbs still. I want rice, beans, oats, tortillas, crackers, bread and all the fruit in the world! Lol, the struggle is real!!

I have already tried something like this before. My body just holds a lot water on this amount of carbs. I am close to 50 years old!

Don't fight the carbs bro. I love mine and nip at the heals of 40%. As for age, that has nothing to do with holding water, trust me, I got a few years on ya. I find it easier to control my fats. Btw, there's plenty of Jacked 50 sum y.o. here.

New Threads