30 for 30: Lance

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
So the second of a two-part documentary about Lance Armstrong has aired on ESPN, steering away from his triumphant rise to fame as the story takes a much darker turn into the realm of his crashing empire.

At this point I’m kinda wondering why cycling isn’t just turned loose like bodybuilding. It’s such a grueling sport that the Tour de France is safer to complete while taking EPO than it is to do it naturally.

Initially i felt bad that Floyd Landis tatted out Armstrong, but then I learned that Armstrong ratted out Tyler Hamilton, and sort of wonder if he simply got some karma served back.

I still think Lance is the greatest cyclist that ever was and ever will be, but I guess the film showed how he was also a snitch and got what was coming.

Boytoy

Elite
Reaction score
I seen it a while back. Anyone that dedicates that much time and effort into anything should be given props in my opinion.
Some people get off on seeing heros fall and the media thrives on it so. . . . . .

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
I seen it a while back. Anyone that dedicates that much time and effort into anything should be given props in my opinion.
Some people get off on seeing heros fall and the media thrives on it so. . . . . .

This documentary is brand new—just aired

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I watched the entire thing. I went in and come out with the same feeling that the public loves to build you up, only to knock you down.

At this point I’m kinda wondering why cycling isn’t just turned loose like bodybuilding. It’s such a grueling sport that the Tour de France is safer to complete while taking EPO than it is to do it naturally.

Bodybuilding was an American thing and we play by different rules. Baseball didn't test for steroids until the early 2000's; we seem to be okay with a little cheating.

One thing the 30 for 30 enlightened me on was the previous lack of knowledge that young men have regarding testicular cancer. Lance even said how he was in great shape, that cancer only effects people that make bad choices. Did he cheat, obviously but having the public exposure allowed him to take his cause to the masses and in that, save many lives. There's also hope in his story, he really had little to no chance to survive cancer that had spread from his testis to his lungs and brain.