Ardens Log

Reaction score
It's about time I setup a log, and I'm going to give it a go and do my best to update it at least a couple times a week. Work's crazy right now, so stay with me here!

--
Stats:
Height - 5'9
Weight - 200lbs

Goal: Cut down to 185lbs by the end of August.

--
I'm a fan of simple programs, and that's good for me right now because I've got limited equipment at home, and on top of that I need to focus on doing a lot of cardio this time round. I've not always been good at 'forcing' myself to do cardio, and so a more complicated program would probably lessen my chance of sticking to it. I'm just one of those guys I guess.

So I'm sticking to a basic push/pull/legs program based on this one.

The only difference is that I'm doing a heavy session - 1A and moderate session - 2A. This is purely because I'm fairly strong and I don't think I could handle two heavy sessions a week without drastically reducing the volume of exercises, or volume of sets. Ultimately I'm a bodybuilder who likes to train for strength as a secondary goal, so go figure lol

--
Diet has been my weak point recently, I'm eating way to much greasy, high-fat foods. Burgers, burgers, burgers and of course beer. There's no good excuse for it, all I can say is that I've just been unmotivated lately. I need to actually start dieting again. In addition to that I want to drastically reduce my caffeine intake. The last time I quit drinking coffee after mid-morning I lost 4lbs in a month. It seems like this will go a long way toward helping me achieve my goal.

As I said I'm hoping to keep this updated with my progress, some of my workouts will probably get logged in here as well.

Cheers guys,
- Arden

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I like the program, simple and basic. But I'd suggest adding in a vertical pulling movement too, like Chinups or Pullups. That's a big gap missing in the routine.

Good luck, you got this. Get that greasy junk food out of there!!!

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Good Luck bub

Reaction score
Thanks all, sorry for the late update I had a crazy week.

Plus side is I've managed to cut down on the greasy food, not so much the beer, that's this weeks battle!

Here's this mornings workout:

Push:
Flat DB Bench - 90x8x3
DB Overhead Press - 70x8x3 (failed on the last set)
DB Floor Press - 70x8x3
Push Ups - 10x3

Note: I don't have a dip machine as recommended in the program I linked up, so I added in some push ups instead. Not a great substitute, but they worked well as a finisher.

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Find a corner in the kitchen of the counter tops lol :)

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Or edge of a bench, tub, chair, etc..

Hinderluck

Lady Member
Reaction score
Push:
Flat DB Bench - 90x8x3
DB Overhead Press - 70x8x3 (failed on the last set)
DB Floor Press - 70x8x3
Push Ups - 10x3

This is quite a workout. I'll try it, see if I can last one set.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
This log was the best idea ever. Way to follow through. With the attention to this log, I have no doubt that you achieved your goal. No need to confirm.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
This log was the best idea ever. Way to follow through. With the attention to this log, I have no doubt that you achieved your goal. No need to confirm.

He nailed it. One workout, total recomp. No need to push the limits.

New Threads