defunding the police

Status
Not open for further replies.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Defund Welfare![/QUOTE

Hahaha.

man I drove by some parks downtown yesterday going from one job site to another. The entire park was a tent shanty town. Right down by the capitol building. Homeless people have put up tents on sidewalks. What an eye sore and disgusting. Something needs to be done about the homeless issue

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I’m more interested in why the black officer who was having a civil conversation with the suspect didn’t say anything or intervene when the older white cop came in and body slammed the suspect. (I know we can only speculate).

I had a similar situation when I was talking civilly to a uni(after my friends had been in a brawl) and an undercover decided he wasn’t happy that my hand got too close to his face when I was pointing out who had assulted my friend. After telling me to “get your ****ing hand out of my face” the third time he kicked me to the ground, arrested me and charged me with assault on a police officer. Never IDed himself as a LEO.

Obviously the uni could have advocated for me. But he didn’t. I went to jail, paid out the nose to get acquitted etc.

I’ve noticed that many times cops don’t seem to interfere with other cops who are out of line. I assume this is a rank thing?

I’d appreciate your thoughts of why some police won’t intervene when things are clearly being done improperly by other cops.

If the good cops can step in without repercussions then we can make progress. As long as this seeming unwritten code of non interference in the face of misconduct continues, no progress will be made. The good cops like you are the key to this. You guys need assurances that you can step in without consequences from others on the force.

I’m i on the right track here?

I’ve been on the receiving end of malicious police misconduct. It’s a horrible feeling that left me with a stinging lack of faith in The United States. I went and studied in Australia after that because I hated the injustice in America and wanted no part of this country.

its very tough to step in an correct an officer in front of a subject. You don’t want to make the other officer look bad etc. it’s a tough and delicate thing. Think about fighting with your wife she’s wrong as hell but you love you her and you don’t wanna say anything as it will just make it worse

theres a very tight bind with cops just like there is with marines and frats etc. we are family truly, at least where I work. our women hang out together as do our kids. We see each other on duty and even more so off duty so we get very close.

the officers in my district came up with a Phrase to say if we need to get another officer to chill out without calling him out we say “Sgt coffee needs to talk to you”
we don’t have a Sgt coffee but we made it up as in like take a coffee break bro.

I agree we need to be able to step up and stop others cops form messing up it doesn’t have to be rude it can be a simple “hey bro I got this I’ll let you know if I need you” etc

cops are given a lot of authority and it can give you a bit of a complex, in a pretty chill guy but my girl says I am very much so in charge and like to control things. She notices I get anxious when I am not control because at work I am used to controlling so much

i apologize for what those cops did to you
it disgusts me when cops like that betray the badge because that’s what he did when he wronged you.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
its very tough to step in an correct an officer in front of a subject. You don’t want to make the other officer look bad etc. it’s a tough and delicate thing. Think about fighting with your wife she’s wrong as hell but you love you her and you don’t wanna say anything as it will just make it worse

theres a very tight bind with cops just like there is with marines and frats etc. we are family truly, at least where I work. our women hang out together as do our kids. We see each other on duty and even more so off duty so we get very close.

the officers in my district came up with a Phrase to say if we need to get another officer to chill out without calling him out we say “Sgt coffee needs to talk to you”
we don’t have a Sgt coffee but we made it up as in like take a coffee break bro.

I agree we need to be able to step up and stop others cops form messing up it doesn’t have to be rude it can be a simple “hey bro I got this I’ll let you know if I need you” etc

cops are given a lot of authority and it can give you a bit of a complex, in a pretty chill guy but my girl says I am very much so in charge and like to control things. She notices I get anxious when I am not control because at work I am used to controlling so much

i apologize for what those cops did to you
it disgusts me when cops like that betray the badge because that’s what he did when he wronged you.

im going to have to disagree with you on this one. It is NOT difficult to call out someone who is fukking up. It’s called policing your own. If they can’t handle that then **** them. Everyone needs to nut up
and not be so sensitive. If you’re a cop, Marine, or whatever, you better grow a pair and have thick skin (not directed at you personally, just in general) In my opinion it is every officers duty to ensure that they are making their organization a better place. By looking the other way, they are doing the opposite of their duty.

I called out many senior enlisted and officers when I was a young enlisted man. Nothing bad ever happened to me. Because they knew that they were in the wrong. It may have embarrassed them. I didn’t care. Fuk them. They were doing wrong and I corrected them. I actually used to enjoy calling people out for not doing as they should. Especially those senior to me.

GSgator

Reaction score
Defund Welfare!
We need reform in this country and this needs to be addressed as well. The generational entitlement of being able to hold your hand out for assistance and giving nothing back in return has to end. There is always something that can be done to earn that assistance clean a stadium after a sporting event pick up trash ECT. Also every dollar needs to be accountable for before one can go in and get that welfare check they need to show how every cent of last months check was spent. Last and not least ****ing DRUG TEST should be mandatory. You don’t like the rules don’t play the game you can’t comply then eat out of a trash can and live under a bridge it’s not much to ask for.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
You can go **** yourself if you think I could handle being on welfare without a little Mary Jane.

How bout some sympathy?!??

Mostly kidding, but not entirely. Easy to pick people apart when you know nothing of their humanity/situation.

Ever think there’s a reason some cannot work?

I work with people everyday who either cannot attend school or maintain a job. They aren’t necessarily disabled either. None have ever tried drugs or drink.

I’ve said this to many of my friends: if you are so concerned with other people’s lives, then get involved with those people personally.

Nothing stopping you to choose mercy and help over condemnation and apathy.

This post isn’t directed at anyone specifically. Just another way to look at things.

I’m also not claiming the welfare system isn’t broken. It is.

My point is we all have the power to affect positive change at a personal level. Your opinion (my opinion) doesn’t mean shit. What you say doesn’t mean shit. What I say doesn’t mean shit.

Actions count.

Thanks to SFG for complaining about political threads while simultaneously stirring the pot by bringing welfare up in an already controversial thread.

Pick one or the other, dude!

It’s your board......

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
That’s why topics like this are interesting Jin. There is a cause and effect to everything. It’s why I enjoyed sociology classes to much.

we could change one thing, let’s say drug testing to get welfare. Seems legit. Most of ya have to get drug tested to be able to work so we can pay taxes so we can support welfare. But let’s just say that 30% of the money that a single drug user on welfare gets goes to drugs. The other 70% could very well be going to putting food in a child’s mouth. If we required drug testing, now you have zero percent going to drugs but also zero percent going to food for that kid.

I don’t have the answers on how to fix all the broken pieces. My point is that the reality is way deeper than a surface solution. I used to say the same thing about welfare. Drug test them lazy bums. Then someone educated me a bit more and I found that things are not black and white

Reactions: Jin

Laser50216

Reaction score
compton got rid of their local pd and rely on county police. compton is such a shining and wonderful example of a city to emulate to the point that if you don't have a reason to be there no one ever wants to be even in the middle of the day. It is fraught with constant violent crime and is run by gangs. It is a small third world country right here in the us. so yeah let's get rid of the cops and become just like compton!

Just want to make one correction here. Camden not Compton. Camden NJ got rid of their corrupt police and now rely on county police. It's a place you don't want to be even during the day

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well the cops really fukked up now .. They shot another black kid during a traffic stop in Minnesota to top it off.. Its almost seems like their doing it on purpose.. Controversial thread here I hope we’re grown up enough to discuss this like adults without any panties in the way ..

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Well the cops really fukked up now .. They shot another black kid during a traffic stop in Minnesota to top it off.. Its almost seems like their doing it on purpose.. Controversial thread here I hope we’re grown up enough to discuss this like adults without any panties in the way ..
He was fighting police and tried driving away. It was a stressful situation and I believe it was an honest mistake.

The simplest answer is often the correct one

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
At least this one the intent is clear. She's clearly incompetent, not malicious.

It's funny that the concept of defunding the police is entirely a branding issue. If they said "demilitarize the police" they'd probably have a lot more people on board.

On the subject of the thread, I'm with Jocko's perspective. 1/5 of your time as an officer should be training and you should have to be periodically cleared for duty both in terms of skills and psychologically.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
At least this one the intent is clear. She's clearly incompetent, not malicious.

It's funny that the concept of defunding the police is entirely a branding issue. If they said "demilitarize the police" they'd probably have a lot more people on board.

On the subject of the thread, I'm with Jocko's perspective. 1/5 of your time as an officer should be training and you should have to be periodically cleared for duty both in terms of skills and psychologically.
i don’t understand how she can be that dumb to shoot a black kid in Minnesota at this time .. Just begging for massive riots and race issues even more then we have now

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
She is a 26 year vet. When I first heard of the mistake I was sure she was a rookie.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
She is a 26 year vet. When I first heard of the mistake I was sure she was a rookie.

These dumb people are causing everyone else to suffer. We seriously need to start a purge.

Reactions: Jin

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
People can have 50 years experience driving, and then when a situation unexpectedly happens they do they unexpected, like stomp on the gas instead of the brakes. It happens far too often. Police officers are not trained nearly enough, and you can tell by the panic in her voice when she was screaming "tazer" over and over, that she was clearly not someone who should be in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.