Good sign?

Chump16

Reaction score
Ok, I'll take it as a good sign!

The last couple of years have been a journey back to health and fitness.

I had open heart in 2014 (valve replacement, aortic graft, one bypass), this should have been my wake up call, but it wasn't until 2017 that I decided I had to change things in my life. Worked my ass off for about a year and a half, consistent in the weight room, cleaned diet and quit drinking. Then i had an unexplained stroke in June 2019. Took some significant time off to recover, not stress myself. Eased myself back into training, cleaned up diet again.

I'm on some meds obviously. Metoprolol Tartrate for HR and BP, statin for cholestrolol, aspirin to thin blood. Back in late January my BP was dropping into the 90's/60's range and I was having dizzy spells. Cardiologist dropped my blood pressure meds from 75mg/day to 50mg/day. Seemed to work well and I liked taking less drugs.

While there were many negatives to the shut down, the positives for me we're great training (home gym) and greatly reduced stress. Lately BP has been dropping into 90's/60's again. Went to cardiologist yesterday for ultrasound and wanted to get BP checked. Good news, everything checked out. Dropped my meds again to 25mg/day. Doc feels everything looks goods and attributes to healthy life style.

I'll take all that as a good sign.

Anyone else have experience with Metoprolol Tartrate for BP?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Glad to hear that your commitment to bettering yourself is paying dividends.

Keep it up!!!!!!

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Glad things are looking better for you! A clean diet & regular exercise will help staying healthy!