Gibz is a powerlifter???

Reaction score
Damn man that sucks. I hurt mine doing leg press about a month ago, and it took a few weeks to get back to normal.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Damn man that sucks. I hurt mine doing leg press about a month ago, and it took a few weeks to get back to normal.

Its getting worse as the day goes on fml.
Thinking bad sprain of some sort. Will most likely need to take a few days off and the week off from squats/deads.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the back issue. Play it smart and it will be nothing but a memory.

Double up the recommended dose of Naproxen for 3 days.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the back issue. Play it smart and it will be nothing but a memory.

Double up the recommended dose of Naproxen for 3 days.

Thanks dude, shocked more that you commented on my log :32 (18):

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I can’t even have a bad back without you copying. Alternate the ice pack with heat dude, you might also need a week before it’s 100% don’t rush it

Little update;
Went out to lunch, when it was time to sit up I barely could, back is so tight, pain shooting down leg. Fukk.
Now thinking about it, I was getting a terrible lower back pump yesterday just walking the dogs. May be related.
I rolled and stretched and warmed up god before my workout today so idk wtf happened.
Got an ice pack on it now then gonna take a hot epsom salt bath.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
This may or may not be the end of this journey..
4 days later can still barely walk or bend, think I did some damage, either way, I can't afford to miss work like this.
Plumbing pays the bills, not lifting weights.
Hoping to get back in the gym sometime next week, squats and deads are out of the question for a couple weeks for sure.
Gonna play it by ear I guess.

Reaction score
Man that sucks. I know when I hurt mine it was pretty bad like that for the first week. I was about to go see a chiropractor for the first time. Then it started getting better week 2, and was fine by week 3.

Not saying I had the same exact issue, just trying to give you some hope here. A friend told me how to do some lower back stretches too, and that may have helped.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Sorry buddy, but you're right, have to set priorities in life.

Don't worry though, you can still do Delts in a wheelchair. :32 (20):

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
he hasn’t really hurt his back he just wants a delt day and a bicep curl day without anyone giving him shit

Sorry buddy, but you're right, have to set priorities in life.

Don't worry though, you can still do Delts in a wheelchair. :32 (20):

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
he hasn’t really hurt his back he just wants a delt day and a bicep curl day without anyone giving him shit

I already accused him of that. :32 (18):

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Brother Gibs most serious lifters have been down this path. And your right, you can't compromise a lifetime of employment for the gym. Right now it's a deep dark place you are in and you're going to question a lot of things; it's part of the process. I've been there, got injured and even thought about backing it down to a 3x/wk 45 min lifting session. That was at it's worsted and I had no light at the end of the tunnel. I even thought I was being stupid for continuing this weight training at a high level given my age.

Then, slowly but surely it happens, you recover. You proceed cautiously and in time you see yourself within arms length of what you were doing before the injury. The one thing that most guys can not shake is the feeling of pending doom. At 35 y.o. and handing more weight then I can now my thought was "Fuuk yeah I got this for 6". Now it's more like, "I wonder what's going to tear on my 2nd rep of 6".

Keep your chin up my man!

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Well after 5 days of thinking about it I've decided I will not be doing this meet in December.
Plan is to get back into training slowly and carefully, and switch back to a more bodybuilding style of training.
I'm out 4 days pay and haven't barely been able to walk to the kitchen for 5 days, I can't risk an even worse injury anytime soon.
The pl meet was just for fun, ain't fun not being able to pay your bills or go to the damn store.
So, 20 week cut starts Monday. Sitting at 284 this morning.
Last cut i went from 269 to 248 if I remember correctly, should be interesting this time, I'm much heavier and in better shape than the start of the last cut.
Maybe I'll revisit the idea of a pl meet next year, maybe not. Was cool switching up training and dialing in my form/grip strength better and all that.
Thanks to all that followed and encouraged, and Metal for your guidance and time, will start a new log for the new journey.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Smart choice brother. Really ****ing hate you ended up getting injured.

You did an outstanding job over the past few months, and pushed your limits numerous times.

Get back to being healthy, and enjoy getting back to your style of training. Delts for days!:32 (1):

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your injury. Switching your focus isn't a bad thing. This is for fun at the end of the day. You can push yourself in many ways so that doesn't make what you're going to do any less difficult or rewarding.

wilkinkc

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your injury man, that sucks. I’m still waiting on mine to heal as well. 3 days short of two weeks but it’s finally feeling better. Pretty sure I’m going to see what I can do again Sunday and hope for the best. Hope yours get going in the right direction quickly

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
1st day back to work today and the last 3 hours were almost unbearable, and I have a high tolerance for pain.
Cardio starts back up tomorrow, might see if I can do so seated bicep shit as well.
Not gonna push it.

New Threads