A Primer for those considering HRT

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey Cash, what would be the point on using HCG while on trt if not to keep natural testosterone system working. I am pretty sure that was the reason I was prescribed it to begin with. To be honest it makes me breakout more than just external test alone. At 46 I have no intention of having more children and would just as soon stop taking it (especial if it does not produce or keep natural test production rolling).

Cashout

Reaction score
If you are not concerned about spermogensis then there is no real reason to use HCG while on TRT. HCG will support spermogensis and as a result limit testicular atrophy. For guys that are not concerned about fathering children and can deal with the cosmetic effect of a reduction in testicular size, there is no need for HCG.

HCG usage will not contribute to the production of natural test while on TRT assuming that the TRT is sufficent to produce levels in the blood consistant with the body's normal test range. The HPTA has BOTH positive and negative feedback loops built in that govern the production of substrates in the system. In short, the LH-like effect of HCG on the testes is not the only factor that is responsible for test production. The system itself is like a set of interconnected gears and when one turns they all must turn to stimulate production. Additionally, the system is governed by a set of ratios that are relatively finite in their allowable deviations.

Because of the interrelated nature of the HPTA's parts and the positive and negative feedbacks, the the system will detect multiple cues prior to allowing stimulation. So, it is not just a testes issue, it is a system-wide response that is need and the very presence of exogenous test will be the limiting factor as it will be picked up at several points in the system.

Hey Cash, what would be the point on using HCG while on trt if not to keep natural testosterone system working. I am pretty sure that was the reason I was prescribed it to begin with. To be honest it makes me breakout more than just external test alone. At 46 I have no intention of having more children and would just as soon stop taking it (especial if it does not produce or keep natural test production rolling).

BigTruck

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So glad I read this post cash! Will be reading more of your posts for sure!!

hogs4us2

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cashout

I'm new to the site and new to the whole bodybuilding thing. I'm 46 years old and have gotten into weightlifting and traning. I'm going on HRT newxt week my test was 297 and I was woundering if you would give me some help or insight.

I'm not looking to have children nmine are all grown.

Thanks!

Cashout

Reaction score
There are plenty of good resources around this place so post up an questions you have - these guys are sharp and they'll steer you through the rough waters...

Cashout

I'm new to the site and new to the whole bodybuilding thing. I'm 46 years old and have gotten into weightlifting and traning. I'm going on HRT newxt week my test was 297 and I was woundering if you would give me some help or insight.

I'm not looking to have children nmine are all grown.

Thanks!

hogs4us2

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cashout,

I've post already on another one of your threads, but thought I would post again. I'm new to the site and relatively new to weight lifting. I'm a 46 year old male who is in great health, never smoked, drink or drugs, no health issues past or present excellent heart rate and blood pressure.

I'm going to start HRT in a week or so my Test scores were 297, just did a CBC and physical. I’ve never lifted weights but would like to bulk up some (more define then bulk) but look good.
Can you give me some feed back? The reason I'm asking you is that it seems like a lot of the other long term posters on here value and admire your knowledge of the industry.

Thanks in advance!

Cashout

Reaction score
Sure start a thread here in the HRT forum and post your specific questions there. Otherwise, I don't know what you are asking me for feedback regarding from just reading this post.

Cashout,

I've post already on another one of your threads, but thought I would post again. I'm new to the site and relatively new to weight lifting. I'm a 46 year old male who is in great health, never smoked, drink or drugs, no health issues past or present excellent heart rate and blood pressure.

I'm going to start HRT in a week or so my Test scores were 297, just did a CBC and physical. I’ve never lifted weights but would like to bulk up some (more define then bulk) but look good.
Can you give me some feed back? The reason I'm asking you is that it seems like a lot of the other long term posters on here value and admire your knowledge of the industry.

Thanks in advance!

hogs4us2

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cashout,

Have a question; I'm starting HRT as you suggested 50ml injections twice a week. My question is if you have a history with acne in the past are you more prong to have an issue with it during HRT, and if so should I start treatment before I see it appearing?

Thanks in advance for your help!.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cashout,

Have a question; I'm starting HRT as you suggested 50ml injections twice a week. My question is if you have a history with acne in the past are you more prong to have an issue with it during HRT, and if so should I start treatment before I see it appearing?

50 MG's not 50 ml's

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
50 MG's not 50 ml's

Lol

Hi, my name is Andro & my TRT regimen is injecting 1 jug 2x per week.

That would sure cause some acne and other stuff going on.

brown1106

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I battled acne all my adolescent life and I started test a while back and yes the acne came back. I so far, have been able to keep it off my face but my chest and back are bad. I just keep my shirt on and keep keeping on. The trade off to how I feel is worth it. Try the clearasil wipes a couple times a day and shower after workouts. It will still be there but you can limit it with a little effort.

Cashout

Reaction score
Cashout,

Most likely the answer will be yes you will be more prone to see a reemergence - IF - your acne in the past was a result of androgen-induced stimulation of the oil glands. These glands, like other tissue, poses androgen receptors and DHT has a notable affinity for these receptors. So, if your past issues where related to androgen stimulation of the glands then it is likely you may have some issues since there is certainly a strong prospect that your body reduces testosterone to DHT actively.

hogs4us2

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cashout,

Thanks so much for the reply. Do you have any kind of recommendation as far as what I might due to minimize the chance for acne to return or is it more of a wait and see thin?

Cashout

Reaction score
I'd wait and see first. I have seen great success with guys running testosterone who wind up with acne when they use a topical 1% clindamycin solution after a 5% benzyl peroxide foam wash.

hogs4us2

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cashout, or anyone else……

Well I'm about to start my HRT, supplies arrived today.....Cashout do you have any suggestions concerning my protocol as outlined below?

1) I am a 46-year-old white male 6'1 220 pounds (about 35 pounds overweight) never smoked, drank or did any kind of drugs.
a) I work out five days a week, about an hour a day…… I got blood work done and I'll post it below and as you'll see my Total Testosterone came back, at 252 out of a reference range of 241 – 827.

b) So I contacted HRT on demand and talked with Mike and they are recommending the following.

• 2 test CYP
• 1 5000IU
• 20 0.5mg anastrzole
• 1 MIC B-Complex…………………………………And all of the needles necessary for the dosage.

2) I intend on using this as follows, based upon the advice I read from a post on here from cashout.

a) Start with a small amount (no more than 50 mgs per injection for starters) of test injected 2 times per week – every 84 hours ……

b) Get tested every 4 weeks so I can adjust accordingly

c) Only add an AI if necessary - i.e. estrogen levels are elevated on blood tests

d) Not concerned about having kids in the future, I’m skipping the HCG ….I did order some to have on hand if I should need it

Any input or suggestions our greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Test Name Results Units Reference Ranges

Testosterone Total 252 ng/dL 241 – 827

Testosterone Free 0.95 ng/dL 0.95 – 4.30
Estradiol 13.7 pg/mL 10 – 42

Estrone 11.8 pg/mL 9 – 36

Estrogens total 25.5 pg/mL 19 – 69

PSA Screening 0.74 ng/mL 0.00 – 4.00

WBC 7.4 K/uL 3.8 – 10.8

RBC 5.11 M/uL 4.200 – 5180

Hemoglobin 14.5 g/dL 13.2 – 17.1

Hematocrit 43.4 % 38.5 – 50.0

MCV 84.9 fL 80.0 – 100.0

MCH 28.4 pg 27.0 – 33.0

MCHC 33.4 g/dL 32.0 – 36.0

RDW 14.4 % 11.0 – 15.0

Platelet count 320 K/uL 140 – 400

Neutrophils # 4.09 K/uL 1.50 – 7.80

Neutrophils % 55.3 % 17.0 – 80.0

Lymphocytes # 2.53 K/uL 0.85 – 3.90

Lymphocytes % 34.2 % 7.0 – 40.0

Monocytes # 0.48 K/uL 0.20 – 0.95

Monocytes % 6.5 % 1.5 – 11.0

Eosinophils # 0.25 K/uL 0.02 – 0.50

Eosinophils % 3.4 % 0.5 – 4.0

Basophilis % 0.5 % 0.0 – 20

hogs4us2

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just got my "CMP TEST CYP" and I want to inject “50 Mg” twice a week or every 84 hours.......My needle measurements are in "ML" how do I convert that to "Mg"?

My label says to inject 1 ML, twice a week......But I'm wondering how many "Mg" would that be. I'm following a protocol of 50 mg, twice a week.

Label says CMP TEST CYP (10ML) 210 MG INJ.

Live2Train

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cashout, I just read this for the first time and I'm going to give your 50 mg every 84 hour protocol a shot. Honestly, I've been telling my wife that's what I want to start doing, but your post confirmed that it's in fact what I'm going to start this week. I was doing 1 shot of 100 mg per week per docs orders, but it has caused swollen and sore nips. I'm very sensitive to E2 and get it every cycle, but I can't stand to have this for the rest of the time I'm on TRT especially seeing how it could be the rest of my life. Hopefully this makes all the difference as it did for you. I'm with you in the fact that people use far too much AAS. I feel that they should use as little as they can as long as they are seeing results. Too much of a good thing is just that. Everyone always thinks more is better and don't realize it wasn't until it's too late. Anyhow, thanks for this post bro. I'm sick of taking Adex EOD and Nolva ED to get this issue in check.

Cashout

Reaction score
You are very welcome and I hope the suggestions prove useful to you. I have had issues with E in my career as well so I know it can be a tedious task of finding the balance.

I think you will notice a difference by breaking it up but it will take several months to get the full effect of the process due to the overlapping effect of the half life of long esters. So, give it at least 3 months to get down to your new normal.

I would suggest you hold your AI constant until you get a new equilibrium with the test. Then slowly reduce your AI over 4 weeks by cutting the dosage in half for each day you take it one day per week. That way you'll be less likely to see any kind of spike.

Cashout, I just read this for the first time and I'm going to give your 50 mg every 84 hour protocol a shot. Honestly, I've been telling my wife that's what I want to start doing, but your post confirmed that it's in fact what I'm going to start this week. I was doing 1 shot of 100 mg per week per docs orders, but it has caused swollen and sore nips. I'm very sensitive to E2 and get it every cycle, but I can't stand to have this for the rest of the time I'm on TRT especially seeing how it could be the rest of my life. Hopefully this makes all the difference as it did for you. I'm with you in the fact that people use far too much AAS. I feel that they should use as little as they can as long as they are seeing results. Too much of a good thing is just that. Everyone always thinks more is better and don't realize it wasn't until it's too late. Anyhow, thanks for this post bro. I'm sick of taking Adex EOD and Nolva ED to get this issue in check.

New Threads