Reopening meet

Reaction score
Kind of a cool idea for powerlifting gyms - a reopening meet after covid closures. No bs, no trophies for 37 different division and age categories, maybe a raffle or something to recoup some of the losses that gyms had faced and give lifters a chance to get back into competing without as much pressure as a normal meet. Has anybody heard of anything like this being planned?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Kind of a cool idea for powerlifting gyms - a reopening meet after covid closures. No bs, no trophies for 37 different division and age categories, maybe a raffle or something to recoup some of the losses that gyms had faced and give lifters a chance to get back into competing without as much pressure as a normal meet. Has anybody heard of anything like this being planned?

I would think injury is A potential issue with going for PRs after time away from the gym.

I like the concept though.

Reaction score
I don't think going for PR's would necessarily be the goal. Just getting a bunch of meatheads together to lift and cut down the costs for the meet director by getting rid of all of the extra trophies and expenses, so they can make some money after no membership dues for 3 months or more depending on where you're from.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I don't think going for PR's would necessarily be the goal. Just getting a bunch of meatheads together to lift and cut down the costs for the meet director by getting rid of all of the extra trophies and expenses, so they can make some money after no membership dues for 3 months or more depending on where you're from.

I only said that because generally the point of a meet is to make PRs.

Something friendly, fun and non competitive sounds like a great idea.

New Threads