bloods

Reaction score
hey guys just got me bloods back n guess what? liver enzymes and Hemoglobin is high again surprise surprise........
HCt (130-180) mines at 198. guess i have to dump some blood at doners.
but then the Liver.. its been high since the beginning weather i am on or off. Its now at the highest it ever been!
Ast (<40) i am at 75
Alt (<40) 108
GGt (<40) 76

Currently on 500mg of test c a week. I can cut down the gear but not my training is there any liver protectors out there to lower those readings? or any anabolics that are easy on the liver?

O and i am pretty sure you guys answered this somewhere here just having trouble finding it maybe i am not looking hard enough so feel free to link me the link

Last edited:

Megatron28

Elite
Reaction score
NAC is over the counter and works great to help your liver. Liv.52 is an option too.

Are you drinking alcohol? If you are it would be a good idea to cut it out. Your liver will thank you. Also look at what supplements and medications you are taking to see if any of them are metabolized by the liver. Sometimes there's another option or you don't need them.

Reaction score
good suggestion. No alcohol no smoking no orals. mostly just long term test and mobic for arthritis. Ast Alt seems normal for a someone trains 6 days a week but ggt is a worry.

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ive had success with TUDCA, look it up...

Reaction score
Not sure I'd worry about it. I'm no expert, but googled elevated AST/ALT yesterday and read for a while. Therefore I know about as much as many doctors. :)

My bloods came back AST/ALT at 64/156 the other day. I'm on some test/primo (low doses both), and 20mg ED anavar.

Apparently, absent other elevated liver specific markers, those elevated AST/ALT values aren't particularly alarming. Your ALT value can easily be driven up by your kidneys, incidentally, which is what is likely going on with me and Anavar. This is not just a liver-specific marker. Also, "muscle damage" which can manifest in the form of heavy workouts can allegedly drive up ALT.

Anyway, those numbers taken without any other problematic markers aren't something I'd personally worry about, which should mean nothing to you. ;-)

There are combinations of those markers being elevated taken with other markers that could spell trouble though, so it's not like they're meaningless by any stretch.

New Threads