I'm looking for good Hypothyroid info for the wife

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to help my wife with her hypothyroid issue. Her doc is only testing TSH. Can anyone lead me to a source of good information on testing & treatment protocol? I'd much appreciate the help.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I'm looking to help my wife with her hypothyroid issue. Her doc is only testing TSH. Can anyone lead me to a source of good information on testing & treatment protocol? I'd much appreciate the help.

PM Rhino. He’s the in house thyroid expert. There’s also a thread he posted all that stuff.....

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
PM Rhino. He’s the in house thyroid expert. There’s also a thread he posted all that stuff.....

I've read a couple of his posts and list of recommended tests. I'll shoot him a PM

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score

Typical doctor's response is to do the basic test, then SLOWLY increase levothyroxine dose until your TSH level is under 6. What they don't tell you is that optimum levels should be closer to 1!!!

It's a struggle to get the doctor to do the right tests and LISTEN to the person being treated. Good luck!!

New Threads