COVID-19 and the NFL

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
It looks like several players from Dallas and Houston have tested positive for COVID-19. Its not looking good for the NFL in 2020.

It would make for an interesting and tough season for odds makers. Imagine your starting QB goes out sick with COVID-19 or the entire O-line is out for a month. It will be interesting to see what the NFL decides to do and if they do play who makes the playoffs and how they got there.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Sports will slowly start back up...pga tour had an event over the weekend just no fans

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Football being a total contact sport. I don't see it happening.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
with a little luck on their side, maybe my lions finally have a shot :32 (18):

I have no doubt football will happen though, wayy too much money in it, fan attendance is a relatively low chunk of the pot, so limitations there won't cut into their profit too much.

Reaction score
I can't imagine no football. This Fall will be pretty boring.

Also as a Saints fan, all I can say is that Tampa signing Brady and the Saints signing Jameis Winston is one of the most ****ed up turn of events I've ever seen.

Cancelling football altogether is probably the only thing they could do to top this.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
NFL is like a $9.2 Billion dollar a year business. Major College Football is a $6.5 billion dollar a year business. They'll figure out a way to play.

Riddell is already coming up with a face shield to wear under the face mask. Similar to the full shields that hockey players wear at all levels below the NHL.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
NFL is like a $9.2 Billion dollar a year business. Major College Football is a $6.5 billion dollar a year business. They'll figure out a way to play.

Riddell is already coming up with a face shield to wear under the face mask. Similar to the full shields that hockey players wear at all levels below the NHL.

Baseball brought in 10.3 billion last year and they couldn't figure out a way to play. Yeah, the NFL is replying to Fauci's comments of earlier but let's see how the season actually plays out. It will probably suck. And fuk Goodell, he's a worthless pussy. Get rid of that idiot

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Double post....

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score

Baseball brought in 10.3 billion last year and they couldn't figure out a way to play. Yeah, the NFL is replying to Fauci's comments of earlier but let's see how the season actually plays out. It will probably suck. And fuk Goodell, he's a worthless pussy. Get rid of that idiot

NFL has been loosing it's fan base for at least 2 years now, with all that's going on I see the NFL pushing even more fans away if things don't change.

They were complaining about lack of TV ratings!

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

And baseball players have the strongest and most ridiculous union, and baseball players are the most coddled of the 4 major professional sports.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
These freak athletes arent getting sick from a virus that was designed to kill the elderly

El Gringo

Reaction score
It’ll be for the better. I don’t want to watch all these players pissing on the American flag. Every player will be forced to do it or they’ll be called a racist.

Many NFL players suck with managing their money and go bankrupt a few years after retirement.

let them sit out, miss their million dollar paychecks. Maybe they’ll realize that they’re the ones who are privelaged (making bank while playing a kids game)

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Not looking good for any sporting events!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
My good friend since HS has a multimillion dollar ticket resale business. We we're discussing this yesterday.

We both think that it’s not a question of if tickets would sell, but how any decision could impact the reputation of the NFL.

If the NFL allows fans, why wouldn’t other big venues and sports leagues follow?

If Covid comes roaring back after allowing fans the NFL will face criticism.

Feels like a lose lose situation.

New Threads