Skullcrusher's Big Fat Log

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
It looks like he is smashing his nuts every time he goes between his legs.

My hunting buddy, who is an old man in crappy shape told me I should be doing these too.

If I were smashing my nuts I would not be doing them.

Yes yes to Obi Wan you must listen! :)

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
The BB Thruster and DB Thruster are like doing squats and OHP together, neither of which is considered ghey looking when done separate.

Prefer overhead kettlebell swings because my anterior delts can handle it. But if you have weak shoulders, you can stop short of overhead.

Awesome stretch on hamstrings though. Great way to start leg day.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
The BB Thruster and DB Thruster are like doing squats and OHP together, neither of which is considered ghey looking when done separate.

Prefer overhead kettlebell swings because my anterior delts can handle it. But if you have weak shoulders, you can stop short of overhead.

Awesome stretch on hamstrings though. Great way to start leg day.

If you're using your shoulders, you're doing them wrong. It's ALL hips. The arms just merely tag along for the ride. It's a hard SNAP of the hips that powers the KB, not the arms.

The problem some people have is shoulder impingement so going fully overhead with hands close is not ideal for those individuals.

And with the Russian style, you can use more weight, this getting a better glute/hams workout. Try it.

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
If you're using your shoulders, you're doing them wrong. It's ALL hips. The arms just merely tag along for the ride. It's a hard SNAP of the hips that powers the KB, not the arms.

The problem some people have is shoulder impingement so going fully overhead with hands close is not ideal for those individuals.

And with the Russian style, you can use more weight, this getting a better glute/hams workout. Try it.

I have tried it. But I'm doing it with a standard dumbbell and if I put bigger plates on I would lose my grip.

More TUT not going overhead. Me I need the little rest at the top.

Will just be going to failure with 50 lbs and then moving on to BB Hip Thrust.

Will post my workouts again starting Monday so you guys can see.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Missed the post where u apologized for acting like a vagina...
Whatever ur goals are we got you dude.
If you post something stupid you will have your brothers tell you its stupid. Thats what is great about this place.

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
Missed the post where u apologized for acting like a vagina...
Whatever ur goals are we got you dude.
If you post something stupid you will have your brothers tell you its stupid. Thats what is great about this place.

No ego lifting! :)

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
You know what I need from this forum? Support. Thanks. Endorsements. That's it.

If I cannot get it here I will go somewhere else.

We should be able to share info without being treated like shit for it.

If I have a question I ask.

I don't need anybody tearing me down. I need people building me up.

I am a former college athlete who has been lifting on and off for 36 years.

I may not know everything but I do know some.

If you don't have anything nice to say, leave me the fuk alone.

Going to just start ignoring people who can't be respectful.

Reactions: PZT

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Skullcrusher im not sure about other members and there ages but I grew up and spent my first few years in the gym with extreme shit talking and it made me feel apart of something and if it did get to me I used it as fuel even as far as thinking of such things staring at myself in the mirror before a set. I hope you stay around. I am trying to be more active here and like the back and fourth with the guys. My gym has became soft and miss how it use to be. It smells good and has way too many machines. I miss it smelling like piss and having the bare essentials. I hope you stay and accomplish all your fitness goals.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Respect is earned here . Saying fuk this place won’t get u any . Try learning more from guys who can take u to school instead of pissy fitting

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
With all the KB and shoulder talk recently, I'd thought I'd share a few exercises which I found to carry over greatly to the strict press, great both as a finishing exercise or as an activation before heavy pressing. Tall Kneeling and Half Kneeling presses. They help you learn to keep your ribcage locked down, and core tight, to not break at the lower back and bleed power. There's a good video in this article..

https://www.syattfitness.com/mass-g...ng-and-tall-kneeling-dumbbell-shoulder-press/

If you can do these with KBs, I'd recommend that over DBs, but both will work. There's just something about the KB that feels better, I can't explain why though. Just keep the bell on the outside of the wrist if you use them.

For an even greater challenge, and to test your shoulder mobility, do those exercises seated on the floor, both legs straight out in front of you. You won't be able to lean back to leverage the movement, you have to stay completely stacked to use any decent weight.

Turkish getups(performed properly) with a KB are fantastic too. A great primer...

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You know what I need from this forum? Support. Thanks. Endorsements. That's it.

If I cannot get it here I will go somewhere else.

We should be able to share info without being treated like shit for it.

If I have a question I ask.

I don't need anybody tearing me down. I need people building me up.

I am a former college athlete who has been lifting on and off for 36 years.

I may not know everything but I do know some.

If you don't have anything nice to say, leave me the fuk alone.

Going to just start ignoring people who can't be respectful.
So, uh...

You might wanna spend some time considering why you so deeply crave praise from strangers on a niche internet forum.

This is serious advice and not meant as a tear-down.

Reaction score
Week 1 = 6RM = strength/hypertrophy
Week 2 = 8RM = hypertrophy
Week 3 = 10RM = hypertrophy
Week 4 = 20RM = endurance/recovery
=================================================
Monday and Friday

Weighted Crunch = Rectus Abdominis (Upper)
Bench Press = Pectoralis Major (Sternal)
Incline Bench Press = Pectoralis Major (Clavicular)
Dumbbell Bench Press = Pectoralis Major (Sternal)
Dumbbell Incline Bench Press = Pectoralis Major (Clavicular)
Dumbbell Shoulder Press = Anterior Deltoid
Dumbbell 45 Degree Incline Row = Lateral Deltoid
Barbell Close Grip Bench Press = Triceps Brachii (Lateral Head and Medial Head)
Hammer Bar Standing Triceps Extension = Triceps Brachii (Long Head)
Trap Bar Romanian Deadlift = Hamstrings
Good Morning = Hamstrings
Barbell Seated Calf Raise = Soleus
Tuesday and Saturday

Lying Leg Raise Hip Thrust = Rectus Abdominis (Lower)
Trap Bar Deadlift With Shrug = Erector Spinae/Trapezius
Trap Bar Squat = Quadriceps
Barbell Seated Reverse Calf Raise = Anterior Tibialis
Trap Bar Row = Back (General) = as recommended by Mr. John Meadows
Dumbbell Bent Over Row = Back (General)
Dumbbell Hammer Curl = Brachioradialis
EZ Bar Reverse Curl = Brachioradialis
Dumbbell Concentration Curl = Brachialis
EZ Bar Curl = Biceps Brachii
Abs - 8 sets per week
Chest - 16 sets per week
Shoulders - 12 sets per week
Triceps - 10 sets per week
Legs - 20 sets per week
Calves - 8 sets per week
Back - 16 sets per week
Traps - 6 sets per week
Biceps - 8 sets per week
Forearms - 8 sets per week
Currently getting ready to finish Week 3 10RM...

barbell seated calf raises! Yes!, I never thought of that! Thanks man! Good log.

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
With all the KB and shoulder talk recently, I'd thought I'd share a few exercises which I found to carry over greatly to the strict press, great both as a finishing exercise or as an activation before heavy pressing. Tall Kneeling and Half Kneeling presses. They help you learn to keep your ribcage locked down, and core tight, to not break at the lower back and bleed power. There's a good video in this article..

https://www.syattfitness.com/mass-gain/exercise-video-of-the-week-half-kneeling-and-tall-kneeling-dumbbell-shoulder-press/

If you can do these with KBs, I'd recommend that over DBs, but both will work. There's just something about the KB that feels better, I can't explain why though. Just keep the bell on the outside of the wrist if you use them.

For an even greater challenge, and to test your shoulder mobility, do those exercises seated on the floor, both legs straight out in front of you. You won't be able to lean back to leverage the movement, you have to stay completely stacked to use any decent weight.

Turkish getups(performed properly) with a KB are fantastic too. A great primer..

Thank you CJ. Pretty much set with what I want to do though. Only thing I may occassionally change now are delt focus and sets and reps.

New Threads