New member - looking to learn and contribute!

Reaction score
Hello all!

I’m a new member although I have been a lurker for a few months.

Current Stats (estimated...as I haven't done 1RM)

Male - 37 years old
5’-11”
230 lbs

Squat ~ 405
Bench ~ 305
Deadlift ~ 450

My goal is to get in the best shape of my life and exceed the shape and athleticism I had in my early 20’s...I feel it’s possible with PEDs. My first experience with PEDs was early this year with what was essentially a TRT regimen. I was on about 120-160 mg of Test Cypionate, 500iu of HCG x 2 per week, Anastrozole .5 to 1mg 2x per week. I have naturally high estrogen levels, don’t have nor have I ever had gyno but did the anastrozole to be on the safe side. Maybe not necessary...?

Before starting TRT my blood levels were:
~ 404 Test ng/dl
~ 51 estradiol pg/ml (ultra sensitive)

5/6 weeks into regimen:
~ 1171 Test ng/dl
~ 25.6 estradiol pg/ml (ultra sensitive)

Strangely enough, mid April results (approx 7/8 weeks after last Test shot and after Very light PCT...stayed on about .05mg/week anastrozole for a few weeks after)
~ 496 test
~ 30 estradiol

I essentially started in late December 2019 stopped in February. I definitely got stronger and bigger - didn't make appropriate measurements but it was noticeable and was definitely complemented quite a bit. I continued to workout until corona hit...lost a bit but started again late May and made some gains back.

I am a former athlete, running back, and in my earlier days i was one of the stronger faster kids on the high school football team - I walked onto a Big 12 school but never made it on the field...but at that time I was working out with 405-425 on squat repping 4-6 times, running a 4.6 40...benching around 350-375....all natty. Had always been natty up until recently.

So not trying to toot my horn here, just want to be descriptive for reference purposes to help anyone else that is treading down the PED route.

i am trying to be smart. I am researching obssessively...probably too much reading...I kid...you can never over educate yourself.

I just started my “2nd” cycle...although my first would be somewhat very light to truly be called a cycle in retrospect.

My intention here is to share my experience and put my part in to making this safer for anyone else who cares enough to do this stuff safely and properly. Obviously - I am definitely on the “less is more” team.

Current cycle:
~150mg Test Cyp weekly
~20mg daily Stanozolol

i have naturally high LDL levels...so thinking this may not be the smartest cycle for me...as we know winny increases LDL and kills HDL...only running winny for about 5 weeks just to see the effect it has with the same testosterone injection level I was using prior...trying to take a methodical approach with any new substance I try.

Anyhow - hope I can contribute instead if just reading and lurking!

Reaction score
Welcome! I'm not much of a PED consultant, but you should get some good feedback here.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Welcome.. you dont come off trt. Its for life.

Reaction score
I’ve heard that a couple of times. I was just happy that m T levels bounced back to a higher level than before...maybe I still had some lingering test...ideally...I would like to get some size a definition quickly and try to maintain without any exogenous supply...we’ll see how that goes.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Welcome. Keep reading.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I'm a less is more guy too, but you can take TOO little.

You've only been using TRT doses, so you're risking shutting down or lessening your natural production permanently for little to no results.

Doing a 400mg-500mg Test only cycle will yield you results, and since our bodies produce it, it's usually tolerated very well. That's still considered a lower dosage cycle, yet very effective.

I'd reconsider your approach.

Mister Slicksta

Reaction score
welcome to the UG. Great intro. Do some reading. Im on a lower TRT dose for life. (100mg/week)

Reaction score
*in response to CJ275*

Thank you for the message - I was just having this exact same thought today.

I thought I would be more patient but I am starting to lean towards your logic. My initial thought was that I could start low just to see how my body/nuts react after coming off of it. Funny enough, my test levels were higher than original several weeks after my last dose. This could possibly be lingering test, but I would think 2 months after last shot I would resumed to natural production levels - especially at such a low dose.

Llewellyn's book and a couple of other legitimate sources mention that the higher the dose, the riskier the rebound and restart could be. This was my train of thought initially. But I see the sense in being more aggressive - what the point in taking this stuff if you aren't going to see real results? If you shut down, you shut down regardless of the level of test you are taking - right? I am starting to realize it should be a worthwhile dosage. Granted - I am not trying to turn into a mass monster, and I would like to think that I will be able to retain the majority of my gains after my cycle - but definitely want to dose appropriately.

Other thing is I am actually trying to cut down at the moment. I am wondering if the dosage increase should come in the from the winny and not the test?

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
I'm a less is more guy too, but you can take TOO little.

You've only been using TRT doses, so you're risking shutting down or lessening your natural production permanently for little to no results.

Doing a 400mg-500mg Test only cycle will yield you results, and since our bodies produce it, it's usually tolerated very well. That's still considered a lower dosage cycle, yet very effective.

I'd reconsider your approach.

Related question regarding HCG.

Would running HCG while on cycle at 400mg/wk Test dose be of any benefit? In other words, will an increasing dosage of test inhibit any benefits from utilizing an on cycle HCG dose for testicular functioning purposes?

New Threads