Real Talk: What its like being 'Stage Lean'

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is mostly accurate, I think.

I've been near single-digit bodyfat exactly one time in my life and would never, ever do it again.

I'm certainly not the most genetically gifted person, but my experience of getting relatively lean was absolutely miserable. My eating was disordered, I had ZERO energy, was constantly grumpy and couldn't give a shit about anything sexual (even on test and proviron).

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
damn i feel for him.
he doesnt look any leaner then i am and im never hungry really, my energy lvl is just fine...seems like he goes tru it.
Guess i should feel lucky its so easy for me to stay lean but the flip side is i dont gain so it seems like im just going to maintain ...
this post helps me appreciate that a lil because i have been struggling with not gaining and feeling small but at least if im going to be small i will be cut

Charger69

Reaction score
Maybe it’s different if you compete.
If you know what you are doing, you are not hungry all the time. Yes, sometimes you want some junk food, but it’s not because your hungry, it’s because you want something with a certain flavor. I am lucky because I do not enjoy food, I eat plain Jane things and that is fine for me.
Dieting does not mean not eating. You only restrict what you can eat. I do not count calories. I will make a rough diet based on calories, but I do not count the calories. I actually adjust my cardio to my diet and my looks as opposed to adjusting the diet. I actually gained weight from one competition to another and decreased body fat. That takes some time to get dialed in, but once you do it is so refreshing.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
"...you cannot breathe oxygen, without typing it into your shit to see if it has any calories.." :32 (18)::32 (18)::32 (18):

New Threads