New guy here

Reaction score
So where do I start. First I guess I should say what's up and would like to thank everyone for all the advice that's been posted on this site. I am 41 and just started lifting last year after a co worker finally talked me into it. Now I am hooked on lifting. He only lasted 2 months before quitting. I have always been tall and skinny. 6'2 around a buck fifty for the last 25 years. Lol. I have tired to gain weight for several years by diet alone. Well now I am up to 170 from lifting and diet. I have ran a few cycles of rad 140 and lgd but I cant really tell any difference while taking them. I have never ran blood work but mayb If i ever decide to run a cycle of test i will have them ran. I guess my goal would be to hit the 190 to 200 mark and then just keep a solid routine to maintain. But that's about it. Again thanks to everyone who takes time to explain stuff and type out their experiences

Jason.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to The Underground.

You dont need anything except food and weights to hit 200.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
first, welcome, nice intro.
2nd, as Jin stated, you dont need peds to be 200lbs at 6'2". 200lbs at that height i would still consider skinny.
I think you need to start with adressing your diet/understanding of food/macros.
Best of luck!

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome. I do need to understand my diet better. I am trying to down as many calories as possible but damn if I dont feel stuffed all the time. I am a maintenance worker at a coal plant and I am up and down 8 flights of stairs multiple times in a 12hr shift. It's hard to keep up with the calories I need. I drink high calorie protein shakes but sometimes wonder if those aren't a scam like everything else. But I'll keep at it and do some more research on my diet. Thanks again.

ERandICU-RN

Reaction score
Welcome to the underground. You’re on the right track with the diet. You’re going to feel like you got a plateau after a while. Once you hit that point, push harder. Dial in that diet and lift bigger. You will hit your goal in no time!

Reaction score
Welcome man! We have a lot in common. I'm in the same boat it has been really hard for me to put on weight.

The MyFitnessPal app is really great for tracking calories and macros. It helped me a lot.

Also working with a few personal trainers early on helped me get the basics down. I wanted to make sure I was performing lifts correctly.

ERandICU-RN

Reaction score
Welcome man! We have a lot in common. I'm in the same boat it has been really hard for me to put on weight.

The MyFitnessPal app is really great for tracking calories and macros. It helped me a lot.

Also working with a few personal trainers early on helped me get the basics down. I wanted to make sure I was performing lifts correctly.

yup, me too

Reaction score
Yeah I have never been able to put on weight. I got up to around 170 while off work due to covid but have dropped back down to 163 since going back to work. I eat. Believe me I eat as much food as I can stand. And then some. Drink high calorie protein drinks 2x a day. Usually lift 4 days a week. Dont have any health issues I just have a hard time gaining weight. I wont stop lifting I enjoy it too much. But thanks again.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah I have never been able to put on weight. I got up to around 170 while off work due to covid but have dropped back down to 163 since going back to work. I eat. Believe me I eat as much food as I can stand. And then some. Drink high calorie protein drinks 2x a day. Usually lift 4 days a week. Dont have any health issues I just have a hard time gaining weight. I wont stop lifting I enjoy it too much. But thanks again.

Welcome to the board.

you could probably eat more. The weight gain diet starts around 5 minutes, but the entire video is great.

Reaction score
Nice video. That's some serious eatin right there. Lol. I'll give some of the things he mentioned a try. I'm not sure if my body frame is physically capable of holding that much food at once. Guess I'll have to work my way up to it. My job is another factor in getting enough calories. I'm an electrician at a coal preparation plant and I make multiple trips up 8 flights of stairs daily. Not to mention all the conveyor belts I have to walk. But it's like the guy said, that food left on the plate is the only thing keeping me from my goals. Thanks for the video man.

New Threads