Effective Stack for Offseason Bulking

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Hey everybody.

My ultimate goal over my career is to put on as much mass as possible.

As I'm looking to the future and stockpiling gear, I'm curious what compounds would be recommended by experienced guys for a mass building cycle?

What compound(s) do you wish you had used in your first stack for building mass?

How much test base would you use in a beginner/ intermediate/ advanced stack?

If you could redo your first stack, what would you do differently?

DOOM

Reaction score
Not enough information. What is your cycle history?

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not enough information. What is your cycle history?
This, but also:

Height
Weight
Current diet
Cup size, etc.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Sorry I thought the question was general enough that I wouldn't need to share that. I'm only asking for other's experience.

I'm 4 weeks into my first cycle of 500mg/wk on test E
training for 5 years
5'9
203lbs BW

Dead: 545
Bench: 320
Squat: 435

Last edited:

DOOM

Reaction score
Solid stats! You are already running the perfect first cycle. I hope you are using HCG and have solid pct lined up. The reason I asked your cycle history is because there are certain AAS that should not run if you have to run a pct. If this is the case I suggest short cycles utilizing short ester compounds. This will give you the best chance of recovering. More importantly having a functioning dick and the ability to have children.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
I appreciate the thoroughness DOOM. Yeah my pct and on-cycle support is all taken care of. Letro for on cycle, nolva for pct. I got my info for cycle support and pct from sources that weren't this forum and HCG was usually something I read for heavier cycles. If that's wrong I'd rather learn sooner than later.

As far as what you said about certain AAS that shouldn't be run if a pct is needed, I'm a little confused. It was my understanding that pct should always be used after a cycle?

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
I appreciate the thoroughness DOOM. Yeah my pct and on-cycle support is all taken care of. Letro for on cycle, nolva for pct. I got my info for cycle support and pct from sources that weren't this forum and HCG was usually something I read for heavier cycles. If that's wrong I'd rather learn sooner than later.

As far as what you said about certain AAS that shouldn't be run if a pct is needed, I'm a little confused. It was my understanding that pct should always be used after a cycle?

You should also use clomid for pct with the nolva.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
You should also use clomid for pct with the nolva.

I thought nolva and climid both essentially did the same thing with different sides since they're both serms?
Why would taking both be more beneficial as opposed to just one or increasing the dose of one?

Not opposed to it, just genuinely curious about it. I appreciate the input brother.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
The internet is generally grossly wrong what pct should be.

also if you plan to go back on steroids 3,4,5 months after your last cycle, pct is stupid. Pct is really only good for people who do 1 cycle a year. Otherwise trt is the better long term healthier option.

This was excellent information brock! Thank you. My goal is to ultimately obtain a pro card. Although in consideration of this being my first cycle, I'm hesitant to think it's a good idea to do something analogous to a blast and cruise without more first-hand AAS experience. While I'm not necessarily asking for anyone to "walk me on a leash" so to speak, I'd like to play the AAS game for the long-term. Would you say that, being only one cycle deep, I'd be at a disadvantage to doing multiple cycles a year with no PCT, as opposed to waiting to do multiple cycles a year until I'm more experienced?

Ozymandias

Reaction score
I ran the same cycle as you are on earlier this year, and I was going to do the same pct (nolva only). The guys here talked me into adding chlomid, and it worked perfectly. My levels recovered to where they were before I had started.

Here is the thread:

Thank you CohibaRobusto! This is exactly what I was searching for.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
How good of a natural base do you have? If you have time under your belt to understand consistency with diet and training, then I’d say go right to blast and cruise. I waited to start steroids until I was mentally ok with knowing I’m on at the very least a replacement dose for life. Never done the cycle and pct. it’s really harsh on your body turning things on and off repeatedly

just saw your stats, good stuff, you say you want to be a pro, are you living like a pro? When was the last time you missed a meal? When was the last time you ate a meal off plan? When was the last time you missed a training session or didnt push yourself as hard as you possibly could in a set? Are you pushing hard enough to progress in your lifts week to week? This mentality is just as if not more important in achieving your goals

Last edited:

Ozymandias

Reaction score
How good of a natural base do you have? If you have time under your belt to understand consistency with diet and training, then I’d say go right to blast and cruise. I waited to start steroids until I was mentally ok with knowing I’m on at the very least a replacement dose for life. Never done the cycle and pct. it’s really harsh on your body turning things on and off repeatedly

just saw your stats, good stuff, you say you want to be a pro, are you living like a pro? When was the last time you missed a meal? When was the last time you ate a meal off plan? When was the last time you missed a training session or didnt push yourself as hard as you possibly could in a set? Are you pushing hard enough to progress in your lifts week to week? This mentality is just as if not more important in achieving your goals

I appreciate that you care enough to think of all this. I'm either all in or not in at all when I do things. The only reason my stats look the way they do is because I'm dead serious about my diet, training, and recovery. I certainly feel physically as though I give it my all but by the end of the day, even if I hit all my micros and macros and calories, even if I'm barely able to lift my fork to eat after training, I feel like there's still more I can do. So if you have any wisdom to improve mentality or to feel more fulfilled after giving my all, I am all ears.

When it comes to being okay with TRT for life, I accepted that as a possibility before my first pin. I froze some of my little guys in case I want kids in the future.

I'm sorry if that sounds dramatic. I'm just saying I'm willing to pay whatever price I need to for this sport. If it's healthier, I'm okay with B&C.

Again, I would love any advice you have to improve mentality in way.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

I believe he was referring to that some compounds can be more difficult to recover from than others, so that would have to be taken into consideration if you were going to PCT vs Blast and Cruise.

Deca for example, long estered, so it stays in your system longer, potentially delaying the start of PCT. Also have heard anecdotally from others that Nandrolones in general are far from a sure thing to recover fully from.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
I appreciate that you care enough to think of all this. I'm either all in or not in at all when I do things. The only reason my stats look the way they do is because I'm dead serious about my diet, training, and recovery. I certainly feel physically as though I give it my all but by the end of the day, even if I hit all my micros and macros and calories, even if I'm barely able to lift my fork to eat after training, I feel like there's still more I can do. So if you have any wisdom to improve mentality or to feel more fulfilled after giving my all, I am all ears.

When it comes to being okay with TRT for life, I accepted that as a possibility before my first pin. I froze some of my little guys in case I want kids in the future.

I'm sorry if that sounds dramatic. I'm just saying I'm willing to pay whatever price I need to for this sport. If it's healthier, I'm okay with B&C.

Again, I would love any advice you have to improve mentality in way.

sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders! Good luck man, if you have time, start up a lot on here so we can follow your progress.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Over the years I've found that test works wonders..yes there is my favorite Deca..and new fav NPP...but some good runs with test and maybe proviron is where I would point you..like 700 to 800..with 50mgs of proviron a day.. simply and effective..

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
oh back to your main question, if you want to stock up, stock up on only test. you wont know what you respond well to and what you wont so would be silly to stock up on something like deca and find out you hate it. In the mean time start learning everything you can about different steroids from REPUTABLE sources of information (lots of bad advice on the internet.

DOOM

Reaction score
Pct is stupid? Anyone that goes back on cycle after 3 months is stupid? Wow, this board is something else!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Pct is stupid? Anyone that goes back on cycle after 3 months is stupid? Wow, this board is something else!

When did anyone say PCT is stupid?

This board is better than any other on the internet.

Different people have different goals.

Brock wants to turn pro. PCT is not right for him.

OP is so dedicated that he froze his sperm and his diet, training and strength are stellar. If he wants to go all out then he’s done everything he can to be responsible about it.

You are a vegan and nobody gives you a hard time about it.

You do you. Others will do what they think is right. If it seems reckless or there is ignorance apparent then members will step in and advise.

New Threads