Testosterone Pellets

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks for doing this log!
May I asked approx price for the pellet insertion? I know all insurances are different but interested to get an idea of what the price was if you don’t mind sharing

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for doing this log!
May I asked approx price for the pellet insertion? I know all insurances are different but interested to get an idea of what the price was if you don’t mind sharing
All good man. None of this is covered by insurance given its premium and elective nature.

$650 out of pocket and I've paid for several blood tests out of pocket as well to monitor my levels. It was $30 to check test this morning.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I ended up going to pellets due to travel with work and didn't want to have to deal with the laws of other countries. I'm going to work in Trinidad but with the rona I ended up having to quarantine in Denmark for 2 weeks only to head to Trinidad for another 6 after that

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Pellets, Round 2 this coming Friday.

I believe this will put me at about 4.5 weeks between dosing, moving from 2G to 2.3G on this one.

Doc wants to run bloods again 4-6 weeks out to see what the peak is, interested to see what happens this time.

Planning on running some superdrol and mast on this one, but will obviously need to wait for bloods to get run first.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
4.5 weeks in between implants? Seems like a short interval. I thought it was 2-4 months or something?

Reactions: CJ

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
4.5 weeks in between implants? Seems like a short interval. I thought it was 2-4 months or something?

Yeah, doesn't really seem worth it at that point.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
For my first run the dr is planning for 6 months but doing bloods at 4 to where the levels are and go from there. Said it could be anywhere from 2-4 times per year as determined by bloods. I think he started me with 11 200mg pellets and all i can say is my ass was sore for a few days afterwards

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
For my first run the dr is planning for 6 months but doing bloods at 4 to where the levels are and go from there. Said it could be anywhere from 2-4 times per year as determined by bloods. I think he started me with 11 200mg pellets and all i can say is my ass was sore for a few days afterwards
That will make you tender for sure, I have learned to take it easy after getting it done.

I'm guessing I'll be somewhere around 3x per year given the way this first one has gone.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I figured this was probably the case. When I first saw that tube that they use to guide those damn things in I was like WTF. Looks like they're going to take core samples from your ass

lfod14

Reaction score
Pellets, Round 2 this coming Friday.

I believe this will put me at about 4.5 weeks between dosing, moving from 2G to 2.3G on this one.

Your Doc is trickle feeding you to see where you land, it's supposed to be 3-4mo worth! When I was doing pellets I'd get 14 at a time. If ins didn't give me the finger I'd still be doing them now.

Reaction score
Ive been looking for a new HRT doctor since my current doc isn't offering it anymore. I found a doctor and he told me he does the pellets. Im not 100% convinced yet and still looking and researching these pellet implants. I told the doc what I was doing, and I got the synthetic testosterone and Arimidex is not good for the liver speech. He said he could get my levels at 1200+ where they are at now, but with pellets. I would have to see him once every 4-6 months and the procedure is $750. I might look into this maybe in the future, but I need more data and research. I am going to go ahead and get a full blood panel, since he offered it, and only charging me $250 for it, just to see where Im at now. But regardless, ill be following this thread and your progress. You mentioned your wife is on them too, or someone did? I didnt know females could get the same pellets, or are they different?

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ive been looking for a new HRT doctor since my current doc isn't offering it anymore. I found a doctor and he told me he does the pellets. Im not 100% convinced yet and still looking and researching these pellet implants. I told the doc what I was doing, and I got the synthetic testosterone and Arimidex is not good for the liver speech. He said he could get my levels at 1200+ where they are at now, but with pellets. I would have to see him once every 4-6 months and the procedure is $750. I might look into this maybe in the future, but I need more data and research. I am going to go ahead and get a full blood panel, since he offered it, and only charging me $250 for it, just to see where Im at now. But regardless, ill be following this thread and your progress. You mentioned your wife is on them too, or someone did? I didnt know females could get the same pellets, or are they different?
I did state the wife is on them as well, albeit at a much smaller dose.

The results for her have been fantastic, with no negative side effects that either of us have noticed. She sleeps better, is calmer, more focused for work items, and has an insane sex drive for awhile after getting them. Five stars, highly recommend.

I just had my second 'treatment' done last week, it was kinda tough since I wasn't numbed all the way and could feel a lot of what was going on. Another round of that and I'll be moving back to pinning, I can tell you that. If you want to run your own TRT by running a mini-blast all year long pellets are not for you. If you don't want to pin on a regular basis and still have all the positive effects of regulated testosterone, pellets are a great option.

On a side note, I have run 1G of test in the past and never had issues with acne on my chest or back, but I do now. Not sure what that's all about.

Reactions: DF

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I did state the wife is on them as well, albeit at a much smaller dose.

The results for her have been fantastic, with no negative side effects that either of us have noticed. She sleeps better, is calmer, more focused for work items, and has an insane sex drive for awhile after getting them. Five stars, highly recommend.

I just had my second 'treatment' done last week, it was kinda tough since I wasn't numbed all the way and could feel a lot of what was going on. Another round of that and I'll be moving back to pinning, I can tell you that. If you want to run your own TRT by running a mini-blast all year long pellets are not for you. If you don't want to pin on a regular basis and still have all the positive effects of regulated testosterone, pellets are a great option.

On a side note, I have run 1G of test in the past and never had issues with acne on my chest or back, but I do now. Not sure what that's all about.

Thanks for keeping the log. This is not something I’d be interested in doing. I’ll stick with using slin pins for my trt.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for keeping the log. This is not something I’d be interested in doing. I’ll stick with using slin pins for my trt.
I can appreciate that, it's not for everyone and I may not be on it for a great deal of time. We will see.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fun update today.

Yesterday I got sick and tired of the insertion area hurting so much so I decided to remove the bandage to investigate. I ended up pulling one of the pellets out of my hip and that didn't feel good at all my friends. I sent snake some pics with a penny for reference, but the pellets are much larger than you think they would be.

Suffice to say, Cole is back to pinning in the next few months when this begins to wear down.

I think the pellets are fine for HRT, just not something I'm personally willing to continue doing.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Fun update today.

Yesterday I got sick and tired of the insertion area hurting so much so I decided to remove the bandage to investigate. I ended up pulling one of the pellets out of my hip and that didn't feel good at all my friends. I sent snake some pics with a penny for reference, but the pellets are much larger than you think they would be.

Suffice to say, Cole is back to pinning in the next few months when this begins to wear down.

I think the pellets are fine for HRT, just not something I'm personally willing to continue doing.

Yeah not just a little grain of rice.
Cole, tell them how many they put in you!

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
They put 12 in me last time. Yeah, more like the size of a Tylenol

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah not just a little grain of rice.
Cole, tell them how many they put in you!
Yep, I had 12 pellets inserted last time, now down to 11 lol

Snake if you know how to post a pic of that pellet post it up brother.

New Threads