Testosterone Pellets

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I know not many (read: none) of you are fans of the pellets, but I decided to take the plunge and try it out.

Got them about two weeks ago and will be getting blood work done in another couple of weeks, with more blood work to come about four weeks thereafter. I can say that getting the pellets hurts a lot more afterwards than any virgin muscle shot. Yowch.

Initial Test Level - 324

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Good deal Cole. More data is never a bad thing, thanks for being willing to tell us how it goes.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I can't imagine using them personally but will definitely follow along to see your results.

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
You’re brave. I grew up on a farm and we used to inject feedlot cattle with finaplix using a pellet gun. Does the doc use a pellet gun, or slice and dice?

Blacktail

Reaction score
Wife has been on then for a month. She has noticed a difference in sex drive! Ya for me!

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Appreciate your willingness to give this a go. May I ask why pellets instead of the traditional method? Not knocking you HC just curious.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Honestly guys I'm tired of pinning and running my own TRT. I've pinned enough times that I have a fair amount of scar tissue and it's not a fun game.

I wanted to give my doc who is a little more liberal when it comes to optimum test levels a shot at managing my TRT simply because it is hard for me to manage the way that taking test affects my thyroid. This isn't something that really any of you guys seem to be afflicted with, but every cycle is a real drag at the end due to this issue. Tons of anxiety, swollen tongue, heart palpitations to point where it shakes the bed, I'm kinda done with all of it. Since he manages my thyroid issue(s) and is on the high side of optimum test levels (1000-1100 target) he seemed like an ok choice. We will see where this takes us.

The procedure:
This is a relatively painless and quick procedure, took around two minutes.
First, they wipe you down with alcohol, then you get a shot of a numbing agent such as novacaine etc. The doc then makes a small 1/4" incision and uses a device to insert the pellets pretty deep down in your butt cheek. From what the doctor told me I received qty. 10 200mg pellets on this round. Made an odd ratcheting sound when he was doing it. Then a couple of steri-strips are applied, top dressing, and you're done.

I did make the mistake of coming home and working on my Polaris in the garage for 4-5 hours doing some wiring etc. and that made the next two days pretty painful for me. I would recommend resting.

On a side note, the wife also got some test pellets the following week along with some E2 to help level her out some as well. We both have bloodwork coming up in 2-3 weeks and I'll keep you guys apprised of how it goes for both of us.

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
I was going to make a joke about putting the pellets in your butt but then decided against it...

More data couldn't hurt and I understand the sentiment of managing your own TRT.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was going to make a joke about putting the pellets in your butt but then decided against it...

More data couldn't hurt and I understand the sentiment of managing your own TRT.
For sure man, I probably made fun of people doing something similar in the past.

If it sucks, then I can easily make the switch with this doc. If it's G2G then we are in a good place.

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
For sure man, I probably made fun of people doing something similar in the past.

If it sucks, then I can easily make the switch with this doc. If it's G2G then we are in a good place.

Agreed - whatever works, works.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
You know I'm not a fan of that but I do hope for a good outcome brother!

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You know I'm not a fan of that but I do hope for a good outcome brother!
I knew you wouldn't be bud :32 (1):

I've never seen anyone I know/trust run them so this is a good way for everyone to find out if they are worth a damn.

Reaction score
Just for the record, my wife has used pellet therapy for the past two years with great results. So she talked me into giving it a go. This week four. I get blood work next week. I noticed a big surge the first two weeks it’s since tapered off. It is a pain in the rear for a few days. I took a week off from workouts. Since then workouts have been good with no noticeable strength or endurance gains. It’s hard to tell since we’ve just began working with weights instead of bands.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Quick update guys.

Thursday will be four weeks for me since the pellets were administered. My overall feeling since then is drastically different, complete mood change, erections, sex drive, near zero anxiety, etc. I have blood work to be taken on Thursday and will let you guys know what my levels are across the board.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
One of my ex teammates did this for a year or longer just to switch to injects and found the injects to be better, he didn't want to inject but now will never turn back.

I would do this for HGH though!

New Threads