Howdy.

Reaction score
Just saying hello.. Been out of the gym rehabbing a torn bicep & repair for 8 months. Hoping to get back to my jacked self but feeling pretty godamn unmotivated currently.

Anyhow. I have been a longtime member of asf, just looking for fresher pastures.

Beast out.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Mate.

Tough to get motivated if like most ye don't have good access to a gym. That said, there's still training ye can do.

Tell a bit about what yer up to there, what (if any) equipment ye have access to, goals with yer diet, etc. Some Lads on here have gotten right creative with their training - including making cement weights and some DIY squat racks & such.

Massacre

Reaction score
I feel your pain brother. I tore my bicep tendon last November and it felt like an eternity before I was fully recovered.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Mate.

Tough to get motivated if like most ye don't have good access to a gym. That said, there's still training ye can do.

Tell a bit about what yer up to there, what (if any) equipment ye have access to, goals with yer diet, etc. Some Lads on here have gotten right creative with their training - including making cement weights and some DIY squat racks & such.

Well, a bit of my info. Im 38. 6ft1 Currently 200lbs.

When i got hurt i had been training like an animal for 10 solid years with only a few weeks off every year. I was in the best shape of my life at 230lbs. I was breaking and rebreaking deadlift, overhead press and bench PRs at this point quite often, especially for my age. Id estimate 12% bodyfat but being super lean was never my goal. My goal was just to be strong, and the body looking good was just the bonus.

I have done exactly 10 cycles of aas, i started TRT 2 years ago. I had been doing one cycle per year for a decade. I ran DNP 4 years ago and have pretty much tried any and all compounds/chems/supplements that i ever had the curiosity to try.

When i got injured i had just finished a 12 week cycle of 151 cut mix (trestolone, tren ace, mast, 1 mg methyl tren) and superdrol. Was also taking GW and mk677 and the usual over the counter supps (multi, protein, pwo, post workout) i had just ran out of animal flex a week before the bicep tear. Dont really think running out of joint supps got me hurt but who knows? The timing was weird.

The injury: i tore my biceps tendon, not in the normal sense you tear it in half and end up with popeye muscle, the tear was off where it attaches to the forearm. I had surgery that puts an anchor into the forearm to reattach , my doc assured me it would technically be stronger in the long run. I did my rehab and am fully cleared.

My problem. Zero motivation to battle this thing and get back to looking and feeling like my normal self.

My gym actually just re opened 2 weeks ago, i forced myself to go. I kept it light but still worked hard and pushed thru the unmotivation. During my session i got approached 3 times by guys i recognized as the gym rats who i used to always see at the gym and im certain used to respect my hard work and training routine. They all said the similar same things about "wtf happened bro?? You look small as ****!!!" Ect ect. Really took what little wind i had in my sail out and made me want to not go back or Just change gyms all together. Around my non lifting friends its the same thing, comments about how i used to be a beast and now im just normal. Looking in the mirror pisses me off, hearing people talk about me pisses me off and then it gives way to how ****ing depressed i actually am right now due to this shit.

My plan and equipment: so i have a good amount of aas left in my old stash and despite it being tempting to jump back on to help motivate me i didn't think it was wise, i have stuck with my TRT dosing thruout this whole debacle. Id like to get a solid 6 weeks of training in before introducing any juice. I will be starting gw and mk677 once i get rolling. I dont really know where to start here, my body is in terrible shape, my diet has been complete garbage. Was thinking of getting the diet cleaned up and doing more cardio than normal when i start to help shed some of this fat and doing a 5x5 routine to build my base strength back but idk if thats a better plan than just slowly altering the diet until its back in check, i guess my questions are bulk or cut first? Aas cycle straight out of the gate to give me the mental edge to get me jump started? Should i start a few weeks of jogging/flipping tire/pushups before i go back to the gym?

My head is swimming, i know what im doing but cant get a decisive plan together. No attack plan. No motivation.

****ing sucks guys. I feel like if this had happened a few years ago id be more amped to get back at it. I got this negative feeling like at this age its too much work to get back to where i was or be anywhere close but thats why im here, needed a break from my old forums and maybe someone to tell me quit being a bitch and just do this.

Sorry for the long ass post. Figured id cover everything that normally would be asked. Thanks for your time.

Beast out.

El Gringo

Reaction score
On the bright side: with gyms closed, the injury couldn’t have come at a better time.

theres plenty of IFBB pros and powerlifters who have torn their biceps and came back. Some have done it multiple times.

Muscle Memory is real. Kevin Levrone would lose 50lbs of muscle in the off-season then come back even bigger the next year. Arnold trained for a marathon and got down to under 190 then came back for the 1980 Olympia.

Thank God it’s not a back injury or joint injury.

you’ll come back and be where you were before. If not, even better than before.

Remember... every knock is boost.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome to UG beast. You got yourself a good group of battle torn Warriors here. Do this stuff for any length of time and no one goes unscathed

Reaction score
Welcome to UG beast. You got yourself a good group of battle torn Warriors here. Do this stuff for any length of time and no one goes unscathed

Thanks man and yea i have been pretty lucky on that front... Salt in the wound here is i didnt get injured training. I got injured at work moving a godamn pool table.

Reaction score
Welcome man! This is a really good group here. I don't even look like I lift, and they haven't run me off yet.

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys.

A small update, after coming here a little over a month ago and chatting up some cool people i got insanely motivated.

Im now 4 weeks back training at the gym, and for the first time in my life i have gutted my diet and am 100% eating healthy and clean. I have my supps in order and my compounds lined up and thus far this recomp is seeing good results.

Thanks for all the love guys and should i keep updating this thread as i go? Or is there a dedicated section?

New Threads