Joint care

HeiseTX

Reaction score
What's your proven supps/injectables or modalities that help joints and the connective tissue.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
deca
glucosamine
turmeric
sure theres others, those are just what i've used and seen benefits

Good list. Chondroitin is also one that you find regularly paired with glucosamine for joint health.

Make sure your dietary fats are adequate and you aren't crashing your e2. Crash your e2 and you'll feel like the tin man in short order.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I neglected stretching when I was younger and paid the price for it for a long time until I got into the habit of being as disciplined in that as I am in my workouts.

Most chronic joint issues are caused by a combination of muscle imbalances/ weaknesses. Correct those before permanent damage is done and you can be relatively joint pain free.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
If a movement doesn't feel right, I don't do it. There's plenty of other exercises to do.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've found a baseline GPP/mobility program to be hugely beneficial.

There are a thousand ways to skin this particular cat, but it really boils down to this:

Stay active outside of the gym.

Big Mikey

Reaction score
The claims of Glucosamine is that increases synovial fluid release in the joint & assists in rebuilding cartilage. The science on the supplement is inconsistent, with studies claiming it's beneficial as well as others claiming it to be pure placebo. The science on glucosamine is consistent with the vast majority of all supplements in the sense of hard scientific data on benefits being lacking, leaving decisions up to consumers to decide if a supplement product actually benefits them or not.
In contrast, the science on joint mobility exercises including static & dynamic stretching for reducing chronic joint pain is quite solid. This is what I did to correct my chronic back, joint pain after my two hip replacement surgeries & it worked extremely well.
Presently I'm taking glucosamine, MSM & Boswella. When I run out I'm not going to take it for 2 months to see if I notice any significant difference. Odds are, I won't. The only two supplements I've ever used that are clearly beneficial is Creatine Monohydrate & BCAA. I don't consider protein powder or anabolics "supplements." One is food & the other is drugs. That's quite different from OTC supplements.

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
My ridiculously long list of supplements for joint health:

1. Muscle Feast Collagen
2. Now Glucosamine & Chondroitin with MSM

...that will be all :)

joeyirish777

Reaction score
FISH OIL and the PSO-RITE(mainly for hips and lower back) with everything above

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
I get meloxicam and deca from my doc... I,couldnt sleep with joint pain especially my shoulder
Now,feeling pretty good.

New Threads