My son tells me on a walk yesterday heaven is not real.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
So 2 days in a row my kid comes up to me first 2 days ago he says "Hey Tata (polish for dad) god is not real" I asked who told him that? His mom SMFH

Yesterday were walking to the park starts asking me about my dad who passed last year then says "Tata heaven is not real" now my step daughter telling him that.

I am not saying I believe in religion, I do not. I was an alter boy went to Sunday school was even a teachers assistant in Sunday school until I got fired from the voluntary job for telling kids they do not need to go to church just because they believe in god. No I was not fondled by any priests lol

I believe in a higher power maybe you can call that God and I believe in energy or a soul you can call it and that energy goes somewhere when you die and that somewhere you can call heaven if you want. But what I do not believe is programming a 4 year old child into believing one way or the other I never push any of this on him and I tell him what I believe but also finish that with when you get older and learn and experience life more you will make your own decision. I stress to him not to believe everything he hears I know hes still young but that does need to be programmed in his head.

My wife is an Atheist or what ever the **** she is I do not know and that did not detour me from marrying her and having a child but I was not expecting her to push shit like this on children. This is a big deal for me because I need my child to be open minded and make his own decisions.

I really have no idea what is the truth, big bang theory ok well that's a energy/higher power but what made that happen? No idea but I will always ask questions but for damn sure there is something out there in my opinion and I will have my own thoughts and beliefs I built through out my life and I feel good about them but each person needs to have their own customized to fit them and I will be damned if my child has that taken from him, it's important to have so you can live your life by it.

Sorry had to vent.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Would it be different if she was pushing Christian views on him? I openly tell my children my beliefs or lack of them.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Would it be different if she was pushing Christian views on him? I openly tell my children my beliefs or lack of them.

I do not want any views pushed. Your programming him tell him what you believe and let him process it but do not tell him like your stating facts kids believe anything you tell them and I do not think it's right that you make them think stuff you have no idea if it's real what you believe.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
So tell your child what you believe, what mom believes, explain how many people in this world believe many different things.

Encourage him to be curious and explore, and come to his own beliefs, and be respectful of other's beliefs... Except that Scientology shit! :32 (20):

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
So tell your child what tou6bekieve, what mom believes, explain how many people in this world believe many different things.

Encourage him to explore, and come to his own beliefs, and be respectful of other's beliefs... Except that Scientology shit! :32 (20):

Dude that is exactly what I did. Told him do not listen to everything you here, here is what I believe here is what you mom believes and you live life not worried about this for a while and when you get older you make up your own mind because in reality no one really knows.

Then I ordered him an L Ron Hubbard book from amazon LMAO

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
What CJ said - encourage him to think freely for himself and to be open to honest inquiry. I think parents can be open and transparent about their views while also adding that many people believe different things and the kids should form their own beliefs over time.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
In my house we dont believe in god...ive not seen one shred of evidence to support it...but my kid goes to church with my parents..we dont fuss about it and figure she will make her own decisions on what she wants to believe in because just because im her parent doesnt give the right to choose their beliefs...if your kid doesnt believe in god or heaven then i would accept it. But as a kid they will chamge their mind a bunch. And pick and choose beliefs...take mine for instance..she attends church with her grandparents and comes home and doesnt believe any of it...she sees it as storys...but santa clause is 100 percent real in our house...i guess what im saying is support your kids no matter what and let them decide for themselves whats real and whats not. Hope that makes sense

Reaction score
God ain't gonna lift these weights for me! Lol

In all seriousness though, I try to teach my kids to look at all points of view and make their own decisions about what works for them. I do encourage them to treat everyone with respect as an equal and not to judge other people for their beliefs. Being kind to our fellow humans is a core value for me.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
In my house we dont believe in god...ive not seen one shred of evidence to support it...but my kid goes to church with my parents..we dont fuss about it and figure she will make her own decisions on what she wants to believe in because just because im her parent doesnt give the right to choose their beliefs...if your kid doesnt believe in god or heaven then i would accept it. But as a kid they will chamge their mind a bunch. And pick and choose beliefs...take mine for instance..she attends church with her grandparents and comes home and doesnt believe any of it...she sees it as storys...but santa clause is 100 percent real in our house...i guess what im saying is support your kids no matter what and let them decide for themselves whats real and whats not. Hope that makes sense

Of course it does I am promoting same thing your saying.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
I send mine to catholic school. I'm not into religion.

I don't push anything onto him. At least at school they can teach him. If he chooses to believe, so be it.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
I send mine to catholic school. I'm not into religion.

I don't push anything onto him. At least at school they can teach him. If he chooses to believe, so be it.

ive been to catholic school I can’t do that to my kid.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
was you fondled by a priest?

**** no the whole mindset of catholic schools and religion to me is a joke. In my opinion religion set the world back thousands of years but that’s a whole other post lol

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
religion served a purpose at the time, the world was carnage and religion was the first laws of modern man. They are past there use now though, now they just about control and stealing money
**** no the whole mindset of catholic schools and religion to me is a joke. In my opinion religion set the world back thousands of years but that’s a whole other post lol

New Threads