Muh homes Mahomes

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Ten year extension on contract

$450 million up to $533 million with "incentives"

Can not be traded

$140 million guaranteed injury insurance

Absolutely good for him. Hopefully KC will be able to afford to keep what they need to make sh*t happen.

Now, as excited as I am to see KC this year, I will say I'm probably not gonna watch much NFL if any. I read that the plan is to play 2 national anthems, one for the BLM bullshit. And also everyone would be kneeling on the American national anthem. WTF, are we all not Americans??????

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
too much money these guys make to play with a ball

I agree totally with you. But in that market if you can get it more power to you. I have a huge issue with people who bitch about CEO's of big companies making bank but don't say anything about athletes and celebrities. And before some comes in with "b,b,but their career is so short", yeah well, don't be stupid with your money. Can't retire on a couple mil, something seriously wrong.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good fer Mahomes. Great QB, he's earned the big contract.

Just another bloke's opinion - I don't think mixing sports with symbols and ceremonies of patriotism is a good thing.

Ye don't see it at the workplace (at least not in my work yard) and I highly doubt sports fans are tuning in to the NFL on Sunday afternoons to celebrate their country's heritage so why not just separate the two and let people enjoy sports without complicating it with politics? I want to see if the Chiefs can mount another playoff run - I honestly can't be bothered with who kneels or what songs and speeches are made before the game even starts.

Sports fer me are a distraction from politics & now we've made 'em into yet another divisive topic. We're planning on keeping score based on who says they're going to kneel during the anthem more so than looking at the spectacle that will be a (likely) empty stadium that could have a material effect on the game (no crowd noise, no '12th Man', no home field advantage). This season, if it happens, could be a fascinating anomaly to watch but we've already gone and fooked it up with politics for many.

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
**** sports and all these cry baby racists (and I'm talking about the black folks).
They want to show a stance, dont accept the millions from the white team owners, that will show 'em... MaHomes :32 (6):

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
We could of had him SMFH could of even traded back got more picks and still got him SMFH even more. But no we traded up to get a bust SMFH

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
too much money these guys make to play with a ball

I do not think they make enough in the NFL all these #'s look and sound good but guys get screwed all the time. Not all money guaranteed the life expectancy of an NFL player is extremely low they always cut vets to save money with younger guys.

I think the NFL is getting away with robbery here.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I do not think they make enough in the NFL all these #'s look and sound good but guys get screwed all the time. Not all money guaranteed the life expectancy of an NFL player is extremely low they always cut vets to save money with younger guys.

your right he should get paid 2 billion to play a game

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score

A lot of military careers get cut short....just sayin

You sign on the line, you know what can happen.

One word: entertainment.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
The biggest loser in Mahomes's deal is Dak Prescott's agent. Dak think he deserves the same. He doesn't and his agent isn't going to get it for him.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
ufc fighters should look at those numbers and think wtf..I would love to see pat take a hard knee to the nose

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
your right he should get paid 2 billion to play a game

Look here is how I see it anyone who has a high value or worth to a multi billion dollar business is worth a lot of money. The NFL is taking advantage of players and hey deserve more if they are as good as him why should the company make so much and screw the people over?

I get it soldiers, firefighters, cops, etc.... are under paid but life is not fair and for something that generates so much revenue should pay its people thats all.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
A lot of military careers get cut short....just sayin

You sign on the line, you know what can happen.

One word: entertainment.

I agree completely but at the same time I do believe they are underpaid a lot of them and when a contract like this lands I am happy to see someone getting paid, wish it was by the Bears but hey whatever.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
The biggest loser in Mahomes's deal is Dak Prescott's agent. Dak think he deserves the same. He doesn't and his agent isn't going to get it for him.

Yeah dude he pulled a dick move man. Red Rifle going to come in and play good and mess him up even more. Then watching Cam sit and take that garbage ass deal SMH he should of took that $33 milli when he had a chance. Regardless he will get paid even with the tag to be set for life and his endorsements but firing your manager and hiring the greediest one out there not a good look for someone that has not accomplished that much.

joeyirish777

Reaction score
watching this last super bowl with mahomes was probably one of my favorite games of all sports I have watched... aside from watching the yanks through the 00's

and im not even a kc fan, but mahomes a young legend!

and even still... this political b/s is too pathetic to watch in my spare time. I can live the rest of my life without ever watching another football game.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Why do people get all mad at professional athletes making tons of money? It's the same as show business, but just a different skill set. It's entertainment, and the free market. Players get paid a lot of money because the NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB make billions of dollars because millions of people are willing to pay to be entertained by sports. The average NFL player has a 3 year career, and not a whole lot of money to show for it at the end of the day.

Nobody is forcing anyone to watch or go to games.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
That’s a pretty crazy number. Kid is good but I don’t think he’s good enough for that deal. No one is really, but i didn’t see him to be all that special.