Muh homes Mahomes

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
That’s a pretty crazy number. Kid is good but I don’t think he’s good enough for that deal. No one is really, but i didn’t see him to be all that special.

Not all that special? seriously? dude popped off his knee cap came back in 2 games. He is a special player.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Party Homes? I like tht kids pretty fearless on the field! I agree thts alot of loot for playing ball!
But the offer is open for anyone able to go as far in there career!
Can't be mad when someone is over the top successful!!!

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Why do people get all mad at professional athletes making tons of money? It's the same as show business, but just a different skill set. It's entertainment, and the free market. Players get paid a lot of money because the NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB make billions of dollars because millions of people are willing to pay to be entertained by sports. The average NFL player has a 3 year career, and not a whole lot of money to show for it at the end of the day.

Nobody is forcing anyone to watch or go to games.

I agree to a point. First off, no one should make millions a year to play a game or act.

you hit the nail on the head though. Don’t like it, don’t watch. And I don’t. The less people watch the less money will be available to pay players (or actors).

wasnt Robert Downey Jr offer like $50 mil to do another iron man movie? To play a part in a movie!

the dude in Bricks post is gonna make $45M a year for 10 years. To workout and play a game?

if they are making this much money and they are getting paid to entertain (which they are) it should be in their contract to shut the fuk up and stand for the national anthem. As a spectator I want to be entertained, not have someone’s opinion shoved in my face. People watch tv, movies, and sports to be distracted from real life.

dance dance mother fuker. Let the puppet master pull your strings

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Good for anyone for getting paid. As for watching the NFL, I will but I'm have my own little protest against the protest with my favorite tee-shirt on as I stand for the National Anthem.

fallen__10766.1561311535.png

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When is the last time a huge contract actually paid off for a team?

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Id love nothing more than to see someone bomb every stadium who holds an NFL game.

But thats just me being a Patriot.

Reactions: Jin

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
When is the last time a huge contract actually paid off for a team?

technically it’s a team friendly deal when you break it down the numbers just sound crazy but they are not set in stone.

tom Brady took team friendly deals and won 6 Super Bowls.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
So pay a guy $500k for risking his health and body and let the billionaires keep all the rest??
Or option B, charge a reasonable price for a ticket like $30 to watch a few dancing monkeys run around for an hour. I paid $100 for the season total to watch my kids play high school ball with twice the action and 0 politics.

Fuk those overpaid assholes.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Or option B, charge a reasonable price for a ticket like $30 to watch a few dancing monkeys run around for an hour. I paid $100 for the season total to watch my kids play high school ball with twice the action and 0 politics.

Fuk those overpaid assholes.
we have a guy with some brain cells in the house!

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
For me it all boils down to the “entertainment” value. If they want to get a bunch on concussions playing a game then so be it. They shouldn’t get more than X amount of dollars per year not should they be allowed to make political statement.

Bundy is topping them at 500k so that’s go with that. 500k to play a game. I don’t make 100k a year and most of my jobs I’ve risked life and limb. I also was working 6-7 days a week and sometimes over 80 hours a week.

so if these “entertainers” would actually get a good degree in college and not get pushed through the system. If they invested their money wisely during their paid years. They could have a nice little retirement by the time the hit 30 years old. Also they could transition to a decent job with that degree they earned.

I do not feel one once of sympathy for people who make millions and squander it. Nor do I care that players may end up with brain injuries for life. That’s the risk that they take. I know plenty of Marines with brain injuries and they sure as shit still have to work a full time job

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
And one giant point that hasn’t been brought up. Doesn’t taxes pay for these giant stadiums? I believe that they do in many cases. So here I am, working my balls off. My taxes go to the monstrosity and yet I can’t even afford decent tickets? Get the fuk out of here. Seems rigged to me

New Threads