E...A...T to grow

BrotherIron

Reaction score
I see people these days talking about how they want to put on mass but don't want to put on any fat. What? You can't be afraid to put on some fat if you want to get truly big. Don't rely on drugs to pack on the size because if you do... you're only leasing that size with no option to own. I am not super lean by any means but also far from ever being called fat. When I wanted to get bigger and bigger, I relied on my training and my consumption of food as means of growth. I've never relied on AAS to get bigger and bigger which is why I run nothing more than TRT and from my years of heavy, hard training and eating till I'm sick allows me to walk around at 250lbs @ 6'2. For the past 15years though I was never smaller than 275lbs and I could put it back on if I wanted but at my age and my goals... there isn't any reason to be that size anymore. And guess what weight didn't just jump onto me. I drink around 1.5gallons of water a day and back in the day all my water consumption was whey shakes meaning at every meal I would drink a shake to wash down my ground beef and potatoes or my eggs and oatmeal.

My point of this rant is... stop being a pretty boy bitch and EAT. You want to be big then deadlift, OHP, bench, and squat. Eat till you're sick and then guess what... eat some more. Don't tell me you're a hardgainer and you can't grow. Eat enough and you'll grow.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
My point of this rant is... stop being a pretty boy bitch and EAT.

Respectfully disagree BI. I'm just fine with the pretty boy bitch. I have no use for putting on fat; it's unattractive, unhealthy and does nothing to move the gym weight. I would never put on weight for the sake of just weighing more.

Something not mentioned much here is the results of adding more body fat and then cutting back down. The skin is not so damn forgiving and the older you get, the less it is. There's a reason some bulky guys are not posting pics with their shirts off after a cut.

I guess that why there's chocolate and vanilla but I'll stick to staying somewhat lean.

Reaction score
Respectfully disagree BI. I'm just fine with the pretty boy bitch. I have no use for putting on fat; it's unattractive, unhealthy and does nothing to move the gym weight. I would never put on weight for the sake of just weighing more.

Something not mentioned much here is the results of adding more body fat and then cutting back down. The skin is not so damn forgiving and the older you get, the less it is. There's a reason some bulky guys are not posting pics with their shirts off after a cut.

I guess that why there's chocolate and vanilla but I'll stick to staying somewhat lean.

This.

My skin does not return after a cut. Years of being a big boy have left me with excess skin that will not go away. You'll never see me with me shirt off, I cut down to 230 recently and honestly the 20lbs I lost really had little visual impact. Guess I'm doomed to forever be a big boy, never a bitch though.

BrotherIron

Reaction score

I'm not saying eat whatever like fast food all the time and unhealthy shit. I'm saying you have to eat nutrient dense foods and not be afraid to put on some fat if your goal is to gain size/mass. Don't get it twisted... I'm not hear to advocate being a fat POS.

I see more and more kids these days who are smaller than my bowel movements talk about how they're a hard gainer and they can't add pounds to their frame. Ask them what they eat and I've seen birds eat more. You have to eat to grow... plain and simple. You have to eat to recover too.

I have zero issues walking around with my shirt off or my clothes off for that matter. Do I have loose skin, nope. Maybe I'm lucky in my genetics since I've been as big as 307 and as smaller than 220. I didn't pack on my weight fast and I didn't take it off fast either. Personally, I'll never be anything smaller than 242 ever again. I don't like my current size but it's healthier and I can go for a 3 mile run if I wanted... I don't but than again I'm not a runner at least not anymore. I'd rather push my sled or carry my farmers or walk my yoke.

Not to go off on a tangent but I think skin issues result from a multitude of issues and not just from up and down weight gains and losses.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for this. I'm definitely guilty of wanting to grow muscles without getting fat. Trying to increase my food intake the past week.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
I tried eating like a pig once and that's actually when I started to make real gains. Of course I did get a little fat. At one point I was up to 38" waist Levis. I used to get up and eat french toast before work and then I'd get these 24 packs of chicken thighs and take a dozen of those to work to snack on along with a quart jug mixture of half and half, OJ and a dozen raw eggs to sip on throughout the day and that was in addition to my regular lunch :^ / That was around 30-35 yrs ago.

Last edited:

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
I was born with high metabolism which is both a blessing and a curse...even in my 40s.

Went from 235 to 198 with little to no cardio. Just lifting weights mostly.

Was always able to lose weight fast and easy. If I skip an occasional meal or walk a lot I can drop ten pounds in a couple weeks.

If I replace one meal per day with spinach/kale base salad and cut carbs then I lose weight even faster.

Bulking is what is hard for me. I have to over-eat healthy protein/carbs to gain weight/mass.

I drink a lot of water, always have.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
You definitely have to eat big to get big! Meal timing and smart choices of good healthy food are vital!

joeyirish777

Reaction score
its me... im the pretty boy bitch. but I would rather that, then be a fat ugly btch.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Great post, quote by my coach that i truly believe in is the biggest bodybuilders are the guys that eat the the most meat and rice. its that simple. chickenor beef and rice. 6 times a day, increase the size as weight stalls.

Beef rice black beans and a little taco seasoning...you can make enough for a week in 30 mins

DOOM

Reaction score
I just wanted to add that you can get still get very large and strong without eating meat or fish. It all depends on what you wanna look like. Will you be able to get as big Jay Cutler, Ronnie Coleman or Rich Piana? RIP!! Probably not, But most people do not want to be that big anyway. Not to be a dick but extreme mass does not equate to being healthy. It’s one thing to be very large naturally, but you have to find balance with what you eat or you will pay the price!

Who wants to be hooked up to a cpap just to sleep properly for the rest of there life? So much stress on your organs, heart and cardiovascular system. Then all that extra skin has nowhere to go Look at Arnold, kinda gross!!

A good balanced diet is best!

Last edited:

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
You mixed dairy, acidic orange juice, and raw eggs?!?!? :32 (6)::32 (6)::32 (6):

Ha ha...yeah well back then we didn't have much to go on :^ / That was before the internet even.

Last edited:

New Threads