Protest for this really?

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Sorry if this upsets anybody
just getting upset at some things people are saying.
earlier this month two Tulsa officers were ambushed and the suspect stood over sergeant and shot him 6 more times. Then look up Officer Dia with Toledo police who was shot and killed and literally gets on the radio to tell the dispatchers to tell his family he loves then. Earlier this week a deputy I’ve worked with was shot in the stomach in the Houston area luckily he’s recovered. And just got word two McAllen police officers were shot..one in the face and one in the head both critical. It’s just upsetting.

I am also upset at the bad cops and the cops who have no business doing the job but evil cops shouldn’t mean a death sentence for other cops. Just a frustrating time for sure

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
the defunding and protesting is horrible its a part of a agenda to destroy america..Nyc is a back to being a shithole violent shooting range after decades of being safe

joeyirish777

Reaction score
the defunding and protesting is horrible its a part of a agenda to destroy america..Nyc is a back to being a shithole violent shooting range after decades of being safe

the ungratefulness and disrespect for police and community is disgusting here. cant wait to get out.

and sorry texan, I know it's a tough job but it's an even tougher time to be a cop.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
im one that hated police and even wanted some to die but i think the cops are being set up..The left wing in america needs to be destroyed not the country

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score

i just typed up a longer reply but hit cancel by mistake
but check out the new policy about what types of physical use of force the NYPD is outlawing for officers. Obviously let’s take our knee in the neck and any type of choking but shit you take away an officers ability to use physical force that’s gonna increase the chances of the officers using deadly force on the suspect
Officers should be trained in jiu jistu and other ground combat. I was a wrestler (folkstyle) for 11 years and things I learned there have helped me greatly on the job and has prevented a situation from escalating because I know how to get down and dirty.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i just typed up a longer reply but hit cancel by mistake
but check out the new policy about what types of physical use of force the NYPD is outlawing for officers. Obviously let’s take our knee in the neck and any type of choking but shit you take away an officers ability to use physical force that’s gonna increase the chances of the officers using deadly force on the suspect
Officers should be trained in jiu jistu and other ground combat. I was a wrestler (folkstyle) for 11 years and things I learned there have helped me greatly on the job and has prevented a situation from escalating because I know how to get down and dirty.
nyc is fukked with this crazy de blaiso asshole..Its back to being a dangerous city but not in a cool fun way like it used to be

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Kinda of off topic but in regards to the use of force options I brought up . The Atlanta shooting at Wendy’s is a solid example. I am only speculating but a lot of officers agree. Those officers most likely used less physical force on mr.brooks when he was resting because they didn’t want to look bad for using force on black man but their lack of using more force to arrest him allowed for the situation to escalate and now we have a shooting. I’m not saying cops need to beat people but if someone is fighting the cop the fight needs to be ended quickly. That is a form of de escalation if you sit there and half ass use force in Fight it allows the situation to evolve and possible escalate. My mentality is suspect is resisting I need to end this quick and get him in cuffs. Oh he got tackled and got a few pops on his cheek well he fought first but I didn’t have to tase him or draw my gun. I would much rather hear about a suspect getting punched than shot.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Always wondered why nobody is ever addressing the fact
That 98%of all crimes against blacks are committed by Blacks?

Dungeon Dweller

Reaction score
Do I dare say the problem is the Police Union that protects bad cops?

We friggen need cops, its insane to think we can do without. I hate government, but I agree its a necessary evil because it provides law & order, or well, is supposed to.

Reactions: Jin

Sicwun88

Reaction score
I've always been a firm believer
Don't do the crime,if you can't do the time! And accept the ass whooping!
Do I believe tht people in power abuse there authority? YES,
it happens in every occupation there is and if it's a position like being a police officer? Then you pay the price as well whether it's jail, being fired or taking an ass beating!
Same as any other job! Yet the same people who wanna defund the police are the first ones to call for there help when shit hits the fan!!

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I've always been a firm believer
Don't do the crime,if you can't do the time! And accept the ass whooping!
Do I believe tht people in power abuse there authority? YES,
it happens in every occupation there is and if it's a position like being a police officer? Then you pay the price as well whether it's jail, being fired or taking an ass beating!
Same as any other job! Yet the same people who wanna defund the police are the first ones to call for there help when shit hits the fan!!

well said bro

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Always wondered why nobody is ever addressing the fact
That 98%of all crimes against blacks are committed by Blacks?
Plenty of people address this hugely misleading and reductive bit of trivia. In fact, I'd say that it's one of the favored tidbits bandied about by racists whenever a cop brutally murders some innocent kid.

In any case, we absolutely need cops. It's also clear, however, that the justice system is hopelessly broken as it stands.

I'd like to get Texan's views on these possible solutions:

1. A MUCH stronger focus on community policing
2. Stronger citizen review boards
3. Substantial increase in baseline pay for ALL cops
4. Substantial increase in police training
5. Substantial increase in access to free/subsidized mental healthcare for law enforcement
6. Substantial increase in hiring selectivity

Reactions: Jin

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Do I dare say the problem is the Police Union that protects bad cops?

I wonder this myself. I'm a union man, and I see absolute jackasses being constantly protected, beyond any reasonable level, in my opinion. It makes us all look bad.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Plenty of people address this hugely misleading and reductive bit of trivia. In fact, I'd say that it's one of the favored tidbits bandied about by racists whenever a cop brutally murders some innocent kid.

In any case, we absolutely need cops. It's also clear, however, that the justice system is hopelessly broken as it stands.

5. Substantial increase in access to free/subsidized mental healthcare for law enforcement
6. Substantial increase in hiring selectivity[/QUOTE

in regards to the innocent kid being murdered are you referring to Tamyr Rice? That was absolutely tragic as was Floyd and the no knock warrant where the female was murdered, I can’t remember her name those are incidents that absolutely must stop. But i they aren’t happening on as wide of a scale as anti cop people say they do. Not saying their isn’t a problem but I do believe it’s blown out of proportion as far as the frequency of them occurring. Not blown out of proportion for how tragic those incidents are because they are heart breaking.

as far as the solutions
1. community policing is already being and has already began to be implemented across Texas not sure about other states. My department has a division in charge of that, we are required to attend community events and functions and conduct community contacts as patrol officers. Our community policing divisions goes as far as handling situations where a patrol officer really can’t do anything or any cop can’t do anything. Things such as neighbor disputes where no crime has been committed they’ll go out and essentially act as a mediator. We have a lot of other things in place. We actively participated in a march for Floyd. It is already being implemented in agencies it’s noting new but it needs to continued to be stressed and tweaked until it’s done better and better.

2. my agency has a citizen review board in place already. It can be good but also bad when you got people who know nothing about LE or the law .

3. Pay increase..heck ya lol. My agency is not bad for pay. I won’t give what I make but a rookie starts at $30 an hour with pay increases each year for 15 years.

4. yes more training and not training by power point. Hands on and interactive training. Every legislative update the states comes out with classes officers are mandated to take during a training cycle in Texas we have a 2 year cycle and a 4 year cycle and classes must be taken within those cycles. Most of the training is bare minimum and set by a politician. It needs to be better quality.
5. My agency provides a few therapy sessions free of cost and it doesn’t need to be due to a job related incident. After a tough call (Officer down, death of a kid etc) a critical incident team comes in and offers free therapy for the incident that occurred. But it does need to be improved. I personally have lost 3 friends to suicide that were cops. One of them had been shot a few years prior during a robbery call and he never addressed the incident and I believe that played a part in him eventually taking his life.
6. Can only hire who applies nobody really wants to be a cop at this time lol. But I agree standards need to be raised. Quality over quantity. If it means less cops but better cops then so be it

in Texas cops must take 40 hours of continuing education training every training cycle but as I said most of it is crap. The good ones are pricey and agencies don’t want to fork out $500 for a bad ass week long training class. Luckily I am in a specialized division now where training budget is not an issue for us. I believe the police academy should be like basic training in the armed forces. No phone no free time you love and sleep there and get treated like a recruit.
if you can’t hack it in academics, PT, firearms, building clearing etc then bye.
i am a swat trained officer and I absolutely hate having to clear a house with a bare minimum patrol officer the tactics are just no I feel better going in alone haha.

Last edited:

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score

hardly happens. media pushes the few that do happen, and ignore the hundreds killed daily (black on white, black on black, etc).
Libtards trying hard to ruin America, anti -US scum/kuntz...

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score

in regards to the innocent kid being murdered are you referring to Tamyr Rice? That was absolutely tragic as was Floyd and the no knock warrant where the female was murdered, I can’t remember her name those are incidents that absolutely must stop. But i they aren’t happening on as wide of a scale as anti cop people say they do. Not saying their isn’t a problem but I do believe it’s blown out of proportion as far as the frequency of them occurring. Not blown out of proportion for how tragic those incidents are because they are heart breaking.

as far as the solutions
1. community policing is already being and has already began to be implemented across Texas not sure about other states. My department has a division in charge of that, we are required to attend community events and functions and conduct community contacts as patrol officers. Our community policing divisions goes as far as handling situations where a patrol officer really can’t do anything or any cop can’t do anything. Things such as neighbor disputes where no crime has been committed they’ll go out and essentially act as a mediator. We have a lot of other things in place. We actively participated in a march for Floyd. It is already being implemented in agencies it’s noting new but it needs to continued to be stressed and tweaked until it’s done better and better.

2. my agency has a citizen review board in place already. It can be good but also bad when you got people who know nothing about LE or the law .

3. Pay increase..heck ya lol. My agency is not bad for pay. I won’t give what I make but a rookie starts at $30 an hour with pay increases each year for 15 years.

4. yes more training and not training by power point. Hands on and interactive training. Every legislative update the states comes out with classes officers are mandated to take during a training cycle in Texas we have a 2 year cycle and a 4 year cycle and classes must be taken within those cycles. Most of the training is bare minimum and set by a politician. It needs to be better quality.
5. My agency provides a few therapy sessions free of cost and it doesn’t need to be due to a job related incident. After a tough call (Officer down, death of a kid etc) a critical incident team comes in and offers free therapy for the incident that occurred. But it does need to be improved. I personally have lost 3 friends to suicide that were cops. One of them had been shot a few years prior during a robbery call and he never addressed the incident and I believe that played a part in him eventually taking his life.
6. Can only hire who applies nobody really wants to be a cop at this time lol. But I agree standards need to be raised. Quality over quantity. If it means less cops but better cops then so be it

in Texas cops must take 40 hours of continuing education training every training cycle but as I said most of it is crap. The good ones are pricey and agencies don’t want to fork out $500 for a bad ass week long training class. Luckily I am in a specialized division now where training budget is not an issue for us. I believe the police academy should be like basic training in the armed forces. No phone no free time you love and sleep there and get treated like a recruit.
if you can’t hack it in academics, PT, firearms, building clearing etc then bye.
i am a swat trained officer and I absolutely hate having to clear a house with a bare minimum patrol officer the tactics are just no I feel better going in alone haha.

I see patrol cops all the time around here playing soldier. They train at the same facilities as our volunteer fire dept..Bad muzzle control shitty movements not cutting pie forgetting corners ect ect....myself and a few other vets on the fire department like to sit back and laugh while they run their courses....one called me out once actually so i ran his lame simunition course faster and more accurate than a "trained officer" and i haven't cleared a room since 2007...the average police officer is not a weapons expert ..something to remember. Texan i hope work isnt too stressful for you with all the bullshit going on

white ape

Elite
Reaction score

as far as the solutions

solid response Tex. You wonder though, how many patrol officers feel the same? You have a military background. You’re on a tac team. You strive for excellence. How many patrol officers want to go train? Whether it be grappling, room clearing, situation de-escalation, or whatever else. Serious question, not being a smart ass. Seems to me that if they wanted to improve, they would find a way to do it in their off time to some degree.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
solid response Tex. You wonder though, how many patrol officers feel the same? You have a military background. You’re on a tac team. You strive for excellence. How many patrol officers want to go train? Whether it be grappling, room clearing, situation de-escalation, or whatever else. Serious question, not being a smart ass. Seems to me that if they wanted to improve, they would find a way to do it in their off time to some degree.
I think part of the issue is that there is very little incentive to improve certain aspects of a cop's performance. As friends in law enforcement have told me, a lot of departments place a premium on arrest numbers, often to the detriment of training.

New Threads