heat and appetite

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
dont know if anyone else is going through this but i just cant seem to force down the cals i need with all this heat and humidity. i have reduced a meal to two and its killing me.
So if anyone has this struggle and have found a way to maintain their weight please let me know.
I was thinking about shakes but that still doesnt give me the cals because i dont want to drink dairy when hot...ugggg

Sicwun88

Reaction score
I have a hard time eating when working outside in the summer!
I can relate to what your saying,
But unless you live in a tent in the middle of the dessert?
I'd try eating inside in the air conditioner!!!!

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Don’t have this issue. Even with heat I can eat enough to gain weight.

I cool off in the AC in the truck before I try to eat though. Usually eat my lunches cold. No microwave at most sites anyway. My problem is getting enough water

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
My appetite is also suppressed in the heat. You have to get those essential calories in however you can. I force myself to eat if I am gonna be outside, carry a small cooler with food and water in it. Get those calories.

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
I have a hard time eating when working outside in the summer!
I can relate to what your saying,
But unless you live in a tent in the middle of the dessert?
I'd try eating inside in the air conditioner!!!!
yeah but when im outside more then in makes it difficult...can only eat so many times in a limited number of hrs

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
Ice cream. Had a bunch last night.
doesnt do me so well in the heat i tried smoothie king and didnt do it im just gonna have to do what i can and over eat when i get a chance to eat .
maybe the shock of eating a different way will help me out...

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
doesnt do me so well in the heat i tried smoothie king and didnt do it im just gonna have to do what i can and over eat when i get a chance to eat .
maybe the shock of eating a different way will help me out...

What kind of asshole doesn't like ice cream?!? :32 (18)::32 (20):

Boytoy

Elite
Reaction score
Eatin fruit throughout the day seems to keep my appetite going.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
yeah but when im outside more then in makes it difficult...can only eat so many times in a limited number of hrs

Whatever it takes I make sure I eat every 3 hrs,been on this schedule for years,
My body has adapted to it,
So when 3 hrs is up I'm basically starving like I haven't ate all day!

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
same here dude, i havent been able to put down as much food this last week also, last thing i want to do while sweating is eat. Completely ruins my appetite.

DOOM

Reaction score
Have you tried plant based milk or protein? I am a vegetarian but I still use plant based milk fortified with protein. The chocolate and Vanilla are delicious! But I make my smoothies with mostly whey isolate.

Oats, bananas, almond butter, hemp oil. My go to snacks are peanut butter and honey sandwiches on wheat. Each one is like 450 calories. I could smash 3 a day!

Also pre and post workout I will eat 2 - 4 honey nut rice cakes with almond butter and fresh berries on top. These are great because the carbs fast digesting!

One more good snack is Greek yogurt with hemp seeds and berries. All of these snacks will provide a good amount of protein, calories, healthy fats.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Same boat broski... Heat is killing my appetite crazy thought of food makes me sweat. At home In ac is better at my work it’s kinda warmer inside and I run back and forth from the office it the warehouse and outside to smoke all day. Weed has been working pretty good that always gets me hungry. Have been smoking was less until this heat wave now I started smoking more just to eat.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Have you tried plant based milk or protein? I am a vegetarian but I still use plant based milk fortified with protein. The chocolate and Vanilla are delicious! But I make my smoothies with mostly whey isolate.

Oats, bananas, almond butter, hemp oil. My go to snacks are peanut butter and honey sandwiches on wheat. Each one is like 450 calories. I could smash 3 a day!

Also pre and post workout I will eat 2 - 4 honey nut rice cakes with almond butter and fresh berries on top. These are great because the carbs fast digesting!

One more good snack is Greek yogurt with hemp seeds and berries. All of these snacks will provide a good amount of protein, calories, healthy fats.

Goddam hippies!!! :32 (20):

chandy

Reaction score
Shit sometimes I wish I had that problem. I just always want to eat at the end of the day it never matters. Force feeding has just lead to a bottomless pit for a stomach

Gabriel

Reaction score
Used to live in Savannah and the summers are brutal..Started doing juice smoothies with yogurt and fruit in the mornings..because milk came right up..also bulked only in cooler months..never seen a huge roofer..

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
Used to live in Savannah and the summers are brutal..Started doing juice smoothies with yogurt and fruit in the mornings..because milk came right up..also bulked only in cooler months..never seen a huge roofer..
i was a roofer for a long time and actually weighed more till i fell but had a 3 inch bigger waist to so theres that. i prob. have more muscle now...i guess i will try some of the smoothies at smoothie king that dont have ice cream in it ill c how the yogurt does.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Making juice smoothies are easy..get some yogurt,freeze them...I use 2 different juices,throw in the frozen yogurt,some fruit,protein and blend.. piece of cake..