vitamin home testing

joeyirish777

Reaction score
there's a lot of bunk vitamins and crap that you will excrete away. If you want to know your pill doesn't have some junk in it... put it in white vinegar for 3 hours... if by the end of the 3 hours there is a blob, then that's a bad pill... a good, high quality vitamin will dissolve completly.

white vinegar has an almost identical pH level that our stomach acids, the only factor this test leaves out is the heat at 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit... however that has little effect on the breakdown of vitamins as opposed to the effect of acids.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm no doctor but I think you need bile to help break down the fat soluble ones so I'm not sure if that test is 100%. Plus the pills are subject to 8-10 hr of digestion.

joeyirish777

Reaction score
I'm no doctor but I think you need bile to help break down the fat soluble ones so I'm not sure if that test is 100%. Plus the pills are subject to 8-10 hr of digestion.

neither am I, and your right this is only for water soluble vitamins but you will be able to see a difference in 3 hours if the vitamin is being broken down well or not.

New Threads