So I might be Covid positive....

chandy

Reaction score
hope it comes back negative for the rest of yall man!

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
there are 3,048,000 confirmed cases in the us there are 138,000 confirmed deaths

so 138,000 equals roughly 4.5% (death rate) out of the 3,048,000

4.5% chance of death is that correct math ?

(not trying to high jack the thread & hoping Boogieman will test negative)

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
there are 3,048,000 confirmed cases in the us there are 138,000 confirmed deaths

so 138,000 equals roughly 4.5% (death rate) out of the 3,048,000

4.5% chance of death is that correct math ?

(not trying to high jack the thread & hoping Boogieman will test negative)

Not entirely, because you have to take into account the NON CONFIRMED cases that have happened, and that will give you the real number.

My friend had it, showed no obvious symptoms whatsoever, but his job was doing temperature screenings. He was a little high, got tested, was positive. Never showed any symptoms other than elevated temp. Never would've been screened unless he had to, I'm sure there are many cases like this that have never been accounted for.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
also in the U.K. anyone tested that dies they are counting it as corona. My wife works with the elderly and 85 year olds and older that are literally on deaths door waiting to die then get tested for pos and die are counted as corona virus deaths even though they would die anyway

Not entirely, because you have to take into account the NON CONFIRMED cases that have happened, and that will give you the real number.

My friend had it, showed no obvious symptoms whatsoever, but his job was doing temperature screenings. He was a little high, got tested, was positive. Never showed any symptoms other than elevated temp. Never would've been screened unless he had to, I'm sure there are many cases like this that have never been accounted for.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
also in the U.K. anyone tested that dies they are counting it as corona. My wife works with the elderly and 85 year olds and older that are literally on deaths door waiting to die then get tested for pos and die are counted as corona virus deaths even though they would die anyway

A supervisor at my job, his family is taking legal action to have Covid removed as the cause of death of one of their family members. He said it had nothing to do with Covid, that they just rubber stamped it.

Not sure why their family even cares what's listed, but that's the story.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My wife tested positive about a month or so ago. Wasn't a big deal. If we hadn't known she had been in contact with someone who was positive and had her tested, we would have chalked it up to some mild allergies - never got worse than a mild sore throat. Never got tested myself, just assumed I was positive since she was, but never experienced a single symptom. We both self-quarantined, but from our standpoint it was nothing more than a slight annoyance.

Bottom line...don't freak out unless you have a reason to and take precautions so you don't spread it to others.

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Still no test results back but I do have a bit of an elevated temp 99.9 was my highest so far. Have a little body aches, and just noticed this morning while eating breakfast that my pancakes didnt taste like much more than cardboard. As well as a little lung congestion, so I think it has hit me some.

I am going to just take some tylenol and rest and hopefully get better soon.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Still no test results back but I do have a bit of an elevated temp 99.9 was my highest so far. Have a little body aches, and just noticed this morning while eating breakfast that my pancakes didnt taste like much more than cardboard. As well as a little lung congestion, so I think it has hit me some.

I am going to just take some tylenol and rest and hopefully get better soon.
Wish all the best for you my man. Take care of yourself and family.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score

we know a couple (man & woman) that both tested positive. The woman said it was like the the flu the man could barely feel any symtoms. Woulda just cruised through it like nothin if they werent tested.

Of course these tons of untested this & that but Im asking if the math is right.

Because Im going to start digging around death rates of different causes.

is that the correct formula ?

Reaction score
Hope you don't have it. I was sent home with a elevated temp, chills, and aches last Sunday. Felt fine the next day. Waiting on the results too...

joeyirish777

Reaction score
hydroxychloroquine seemed to help my family beat it. they were only given it after being forced to the hospital so if you can get your hands on it before hand and using it before that point(god forbid) it will probably speed up recovery.

when the symptoms started getting bad they were having a hard time keeping hydrated which made things worse... So we figured in future case to try to maintain peak hydration and getting those nutrients, vitamins, and minerals in and eating foods that help with inflammation(not ibuprofen obviously) as soon as symptoms arrive.

It gets difficult to keep up with them when you feel your worse so maybe even getting groceries and supplies ahead of time...

I hope you don't need this but if you do, I hope it helps.

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Update, got the test results back, I test neg, kids tested neg, wife tested pos.

I feel like complete and utter shit today. Trying to stay hydrated and what not but this at this point has a flu like feel to it...

Wish I had some hydroxychloroquine, I dont know for sure if my doc can prescribe that or not I will give that a try.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hope yer Missus makes a quick & full recovery, Mate and you & yours all stay healthy.

Reaction score
This testing is all over the place. A guy I know went to different test sites and tested positive twice and negative once. It really makes you wonder about the legitimacy of the testing.

Good luck and best wishes.

GSgator

Reaction score
My aunts husband had it from the sounds of it he was on the tail end of it and WAM he got a kidney infection and had to go to the ER. My other aunt just tested positive and she feels fine they all live down by Dallas.

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
I caught a head cold this week but recovered. Didn’t get tested. Just quarantined.

New Threads