Flossing/Big Thanks

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
A few months back I started getting tendinitis in my elbows. I made mention in my journal about the pain. BrotherIron suggested "floss your arms". I had never heard of that. So I dove head first into the search bar. I dug up an instructional post from Snake. Flossing my elbows pre and post workouts has helped so much. I am able to continue to progress with relatively little discomfort and not needing any sort of medicines to do so.

Thanks brothers!

Boytoy

Elite
Reaction score
Having same problem with elbows. Definitely gonna look into this is really becoming an issue. Thanks

Reaction score
All I'm pulling up are dance moves, you got a good video on this?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
**duplicate post**

Reaction score
Are those bands much different than other types of medical wrap? What about just using a knee or elbow brace?

Thanks for this. I've been having some knee and tendon issues.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Are those bands much different than other types of medical wrap? What about just using a knee or elbow brace?

There is a difference. The Floss is a latex rubber.

The point of flossing is to break up scar tissue, adhesions, etc and a brace doesn't do any of that. Also flossing brings in new blood which is nutrients and oxygen to the area. A brace doesn't serve either of those purposes.

Reaction score
Are therabands good for this? I have some of those for some reason.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

I've heard of people using cut up inner tubes from bicycle tires. No idea if it's comparable or not though.

Reaction score
I did it with therabands last night, and it worked great! They are elastic rubber type material that look like those voodoo bands but a little wider.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Also flossing brings in new blood which is nutrients and oxygen to the area.

To add to this and why that is important; most problems are found in the tendon area, elbows and knees. Those tendons have very little blood supply and the rush of blood into the tendon does what BI pointed out.

That's not the best way to hit a patella tendon. Wrap just over the the top of the knee and up mid-thigh. Like I mentioned above, the idea is to hold the blood in the muscle and surge it into the tendon. If you do this right, you won't be able to get the bands off fast enough.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
I've heard of people using cut up inner tubes from bicycle tires. No idea if it's comparable or not though.

That's what I use in addition to my Floss Bands. The inner tubes are actually better imho b/c they are a bit thicker and can bite better. You can use a road tires which is thinner or a mtb tire which is thicker. The tires are 28" so they wind up being 56" in length which work great for elbows and wrists. They're a bit short for shoulder or knee.

New Threads