Started Snoring 1st Time Ever

Reaction score
Wife is complaining that I just started snoring for the first time in my life over the past few weeks. (45 yrs old)

At first I thought it was allergies or something, but I'm realizing now that it is probably due to something else.

Only recent changes have been a huge calorie increase over the past few weeks. Week 5 of a testosterone cycle. Gaining weight, but bf% is about the same.

What could be causing this? What is the easiest remedy?

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and get a mouth guard if you don't have one already. Snoring is a breathing problem and that often comes with teeth grinding. You don't want to wake up pulling chunks of broken tooth out of your mouth, trust me, it sucks.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
For me the snoring meant obstructive sleep apnea. We contacted the dr and she had me do a sleep study. I wear a CPAP now and no snoring.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
For me the snoring meant obstructive sleep apnea. We contacted the dr and she had me do a sleep study. I wear a CPAP now and no snoring.

Yeah, waking up grasping for air and frantically reaching out in front of you is no joke. Used to happen to me when I was heavier.

Reaction score
Thanks I was kinda worried that's what it was due to. Will try the mouth guard.

Tatlifter

Reaction score
Thanks I was kinda worried that's what it was due to. Will try the mouth guard.

Brother I have never snored my entire lift until I started my first test only cycle.

I bought the mouth piece which was around 80-90$ if i remember right and it does help but pretty annoying and makes my jaw sore sometimes.

I do wear it for the sake of my woman. Sometimes I dont snore with it sometimes I still snore with it.

Im not a huge guy either but was definitely putting on some weight and holding water more when this started.

Im leaning up now so hopefully maybe it will help.But I feel your pain as someone who went from silent sleeper to professional logger over night.

Reaction score
Brother I have never snored my entire lift until I started my first test only cycle.

I bought the mouth piece which was around 80-90$ if i remember right and it does help but pretty annoying and makes my jaw sore sometimes.

I do wear it for the sake of my woman. Sometimes I dont snore with it sometimes I still snore with it.

Im not a huge guy either but was definitely putting on some weight and holding water more when this started.

Im leaning up now so hopefully maybe it will help.But I feel your pain as someone who went from silent sleeper to professional logger over night.

Yeah this sounds exactly like what is going on with me. I have noticed some fluid retention from the Test also.

bugman

Elite
Reaction score
Ive scored for a while now. I recently went and got a cpap machine and the snoring has stopped 100%. It took me a couple of months to get used to the mask though. But it definitely helps.

Tatlifter

Reaction score
I have noticed some fluid retention from the Test also.[/QUOTE]

Im wondering if the fluid has something to do with it. Been thinking that since the beginning.

Reaction score
Just wanted to update this thread with the fact that I am cruising now, and the snoring stopped. Wife is very happy.

So I think it was related to the high testosterone, fluid retention.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score

Snoring is caused by airway obstruction. One of the biggest predictors for OSA is actually neck circumference whether you're lean or not, as BrotherIron alluded to. 20" is about where that hapoens. I've slept with a CPAP for a couple years now and I deal with OSA and airway o destruction daily at work. A mouthguard will protect your teeth from grinding as stated above, but mouth pieces aren't the answer. If you find a sleeping g position where you don't snore (obstruct) fine, otherwise get a sleep study done. Untreated OSA will increase your risk of serious health issues (hypertension, heart attack, stroke).

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Snoring is caused by airway obstruction. One of the biggest predictors for OSA is actually neck circumference whether you're lean or not, as BrotherIron alluded to. 20" is about where that hapoens. I've slept with a CPAP for a couple years now and I deal with OSA and airway o destruction daily at work. A mouthguard will protect your teeth from grinding as stated above, but mouth pieces aren't the answer. If you find a sleeping g position where you don't snore (obstruct) fine, otherwise get a sleep study done. Untreated OSA will increase your risk of serious health issues (hypertension, heart attack, stroke).
Words of wisdom, and something I need to go do also.

New Threads