Tyson V Jones Jr

MR. BMJ

Elite
Reaction score
Those Tyson commercials of him on the beach are funny. The one where he can't blow up a floatie, and the other when his kid says his arm is too big and Mike states, "Well son, i've been working out...." LOL!

HydroEJP88

Elite
Reaction score
I'm definitely all in on this. It just pure entertainment of 2 legends.

Plus like it was said earlier, it will start out friendly but once someone goes a little hard, it's gonna be a war

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tyson all the way

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tyson still looking terrifying. Hope this doesn’t turn into the latest Tito v Chuck though.

dreamscraper

Reaction score
ya'll must have forgot...

I think Roy is going to embarrass him to be honest. Tyson is 3 years older. Roy just went 10 rounds, 2 years ago. Tyson hasn't been in the ring in 15 years. If you look at the latest training videos it is Roy's twitchyness that is still more impressive than Tyson. Of all the 50yo+ name fighters, I think Roy is probably the worst guy Tyson could be facing here.

The size difference is not what people think it is either. Roy has been fighting as a legit Cruiserweight for the end of his career. He has a 3 inch reach advantage on Tyson and is an inch taller.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
I’ll wait for free highlights sunday, set up worse than mayweather/connor shit show:(
A2A69B23-EE21-43EC-9162-0AD4F38165A8.jpg

dreamscraper

Reaction score
It will be a boring sparing match then all these people that never watch real boxing will say boxing sucks.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Pretty blatant cash grab. I'll not buy the PPV but I think Tyson takes it as he seems to still have some of the aggression that made him a terror in the 80s.

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
Definitely a cash grab... can’t blame them. I still believe this is a prequel to a full on fight, they’ll get paid big time for that, as they should. They earned it.

I believe age is just a number... sure they’re not in their prime, but what they bring to the ring is still there if only for a fleeting moment.

I’m the type that wants to see real gladiator matches like the Romans held though. Live and die for honor, blood, and glory.

dreamscraper

Reaction score
He is completely overrated in his prime though. Younger people have really mythologized his career. I remember watching the Spinks fight and everyone single person I knew wanted to see him lose. Everyone at the time thought his fights were boring. All people would say too at the time is the HW division wasn't as good as it was in 70s.

His reach is the problem. 71 inches and even in his "prime" he went to decision against Tillis, Green, Smith and Tucker. All those guys have 80 inch + reach.
Floyd Mayweather has a 1 inch reach advantage on Tyson.

The real problem boxing has is Ray Robinson is so long ago there is just not great footage of him. Ray Robinson is the terror that everyone pretends Tyson was but with way better footwork and an absolute all time iron chin

Pretty blatant cash grab. I'll not buy the PPV but I think Tyson takes it as he seems to still have some of the aggression that made him a terror in the 80s.

dreamscraper

Reaction score
"I talk shit, the baddest man on the planet, the greatest fighter God created....Then I look in the history books and say ah ****, I'm just talkin nigga."
[/QUOTE]

New Threads