Is there an at home test to determine steroid identity and purity?

Laser50216

Reaction score
These exist for recreational drugs of all types but are there ones that exists for steroids? For example oxandrolone (anavar) is a drug that is often faked bc of it's higher price range and can sometimes really be dianibol, winstrol, or a sarm. Would like to be able to know if I decide to try this out if I'm getting the real deal. Yes I know pharmaceutical options do exist but they tend to be extremely expensive

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
This should have been posted in the Anabolic Steroid subforum, but there are a couple like roidtest that you can buy, however you have to be looking for a specific steroid and you can't get purity. IOW, there is no cost effective home test that will identify a random steroid. You have to use specific test oils to search for a specific steroid, and again, it won't tell you purity. Having said that there is a youtube video that supposedly proves roidtest to be inaccurate. The poster shows real test cyp getting a positive and then also gets positives for pure grape seed oil.
You would have to spend thousands for an accurate option that would also identify purity.
Also, I would doubt those home tests for rec drugs that you mentioned actually give you purity.

Last edited:

Boytoy

Elite
Reaction score
Freeze test, not for purity but will tell if bunk

Last edited:

Laser50216

Reaction score
This should have been posted in the Anabolic Steroid subforum, but there are a couple like roidtest that you can buy, however you have to be looking for a specific steroid and you can't get purity. IOW, there is no cost effective home test that will identify a random steroid. You have to use specific test oils to search for a specific steroid, and again, it won't tell you purity. Having said that there is a youtube video that supposedly proves roidtest to be inaccurate. The poster shows real test cyp getting a positive and then also gets positives for pure grape seed oil.
You would have to spend thousands for an accurate option that would also identify purity.
Also, I would doubt those home tests for rec drugs that you mentioned actually give you purity.

depends on how you mean purity. for example if someone were to test mdma and it was laced with heroin you would get an indication that there was something in the drug that isn't mdma at the very least. most of these tests though are testing for a panel of commonly used drugs so if the mdma had heroin in it you would get back both mdma and heroin on the test. this would tell you if the drug was pure or not. being that oxandrolone from a clinic can cost in the range of $600 up to double that amount for even just one month I was hoping there would be a realistic way to find out if it was the real thing. I guess I was wrong and there isn't any easy answer to this

Last edited:

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
depends on how you mean purity. for example if someone were to test mdma and it was laced with heroin you would get an indication that there was something in the drug that isn't mdma at the very least. most of these tests though are testing for a panel of commonly used drugs so if the mdma had heroin in it you would get back both mdma and heroin on the test. this would tell you if the drug was pure or not. being that oxandrolone from a clinic can cost in the range of $600 up to double that amount for even just one month I was hoping there would be a realistic way to find out if it was the real thing. I guess I was wrong and there isn't any easy answer to this

I mistook purity for potency. However, if you are willing to spend around $175 (that's with the cheap snail mail shipping option) you could send it to a lab such as Janoshik Analytical Labs overseas (info@janoshik.com) for testing.

Boytoy

Elite
Reaction score
what will freezing tell me exactly? what compounds does this work for?

Test will crystalize, oil won't.
Is only thing I know it works for. May for something else but I don't know.

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
There is the roidtest kits that will tell you identity but not purity

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What is the game plan here? If it is bunk are you going to demand a refund? If it is winny when you ordered var do they get a bad yelp review?

My advice would be to take what you have and see if it had the desired results. If not, don’t buy again. You are going to have to buy them whether you test them or not. No point in buying a test too when there isn’t a way to remediate a negative.

Reactions: CJ

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Here's a cheap test... Give your anavar to your girl. If her va-jay-jay starts tingling and growing a baby penis, might not be anavar.

SHRUGS

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Test will crystalize, oil won't.
Is only thing I know it works for. May for something else but I don't know.

This is incorrect like an old wives tale. Bogus.
!S!

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not so, this is real. A few labs use this process in order to get the purity levels to their highest. All gear has a solvent already in the vial, all u need is cold for crystals to appear. Now there are certain compounds that need the correct solvent in order for the crystallization process to occur.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recrystallization_(chemistry)

This is incorrect like an old wives tale. Bogus.
!S!

Bigarms28

Reaction score
Roid test semi SQ is available now that is able to tell you compound and a range of potency. It’s only 34.95 I haven’t used this one yet.

Bigarms28

Reaction score
Check out roidtest.com they have a new test for use at HOME. Potency and compound.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
My roid test

anavar - if my muscles get harder within 3 days & feel like im better than everbody else

deca - within a few weeksmy hair is falling out & my shoulder isnt hurting anymore.

mast - my traps start bulging out and look fuller all around

Dbol - within a week look bigger especially in the leg department

Test - all of thee above at over 300mgs per week

DOOM

Reaction score
I mail a sample of what I want tested to reputable chemist that does testing on steroids specifically. It cost about $70 per sample. Though I have only have had to do it a few times because my source does all his testing through the same chemist. This is transparency at its best and all sources should do the same.