Sicwun88

Reaction score
My least favorite body part to train!
I rather do legs than arms!
Sometimes I do bis w back,
Tris w chest,
Then switch to bis w chest,
Tris w back,
Or Tris & bis together supersetting everything!
Best tri exercise close grip bench & push downs,
Bis str8 bar curls,supersetted w reverse curls, to hammers!
I have long arms and seem to benefit more from cable curls,
Than standard barbell or dumbbell curls!

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
Using my whole body to swing the heaviest dumbell up for 1/4 ROM

Serious though - 21's and "walking the rack" i.e. starting at heavy weight (40lb dumbbell) and working down (35, 30, 25, 20, 15, 10) for high reps

DOOM

Reaction score
I normally only do biceps once a week on my Hypertrophy pull days. My go too’s would be standing bicep curls with the 5’ Olympic bar. Seated incline dumbbell hammer curls, seated preacher curls. Incline Skull crushers with the EZ curl bar. One thing that sucks though is all of these will eventually irritate my elbow tendinitis. Kinda annoying!!

My arms seem to respond very well to heavy weighted chest dips. I like to do 5 X 12 with a 55lb Ketel ball chained on and at 70% angle. Not to be confused with tricep dips.

Finally weighted pull ups! I like to do 5 X 8 with a 45 lb ketel ball chained too me.

Lol, the last two probably won’t be utilized by those using the assisted dip and chest feature. Obviously I don’t have too but I would be embarrassed to use the assisted feature.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
I love supersetting bi's/tris. I'll do tricep pushdowns @15 reps and then heavy ez curl bar @6-8 reps for 3 sets and then an extra set of pushdowns, all 1 rep short of failure. Then alternate arm DB curls or hammer curls superset with lying DB tricep extensions for 3 sets with the last set of DB curls dropping down in weight and doing burnouts. I do that once every 4 days. Doesn't seem like a lot but the pump hurts so bad I can't do anymore.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
I love dips. Even with elbow soreness I love to jump up there and rip out sets of 15. 21's are alot of fun too.

Reaction score
Thought that was good for forearms? Guess that’s arms.

How do you figure?
You kneel, they're at about eye level...
Gotta make sure your back is straight, triceps parallel to the floor.
Helluva bicep burn.
For the experienced, try supersets.

��

DOOM

Reaction score
I just got a new pair of 70’s and I am definitely feeling it today from incline skull crushers!

Reaction score
I never hit arms but I used to like spider curls with EZ bar, running the rack with dumbbells and barbell 21s. Triceps probably skull crushers and overhead rope extensions.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
2 exercises for tris that is a must if your elbows allow it:

Skull Crushers: There isn't a single tricep exercise that touches this for tri growth but beware elbow and tendon issues is you don't warm up the elbows properly and do any kind of respectable weight with them. Super set with close grip presses to failure. If your triceps don't grow consistently, give up on arm growth. They cant grow at that point. Just wear long sleeves...
Reverse Dips: An old secret that most of the youngsters don't know about because planet fitness is called a gym these days and dips are for lunks...

For biceps:

Preachers curls with light weight, high reps and strict form. No one cares what you curl so don't make it an ego exercise.

21's: If you don't know what these are, your arms are tiny and you need to google this ASAP.

chandy

Reaction score
21s for sure and just make sure u do your hammer curls for the girth! and skull crushers are great for the tris. Try it while doing an internal rotation as well going across your head. It allows the long head to get more of a stretch and works it more.

New Threads