So how did you pick your user name?

Cashout

Reaction score
I often wonder if there is any connection or story behind some of the user names I see.

There is with mine, so I'll start this off by sharing it.

In 1998, when we sold our company, after the papers were signed and the windfall was comfortable in my hands, my attorney, who had represented me in numerous prior business transactions, turned to me and asked me "So what's next for you now that this is over?" You see, he knew me to be a "serial entrepreneur" since I had been involved in a couple of start-ups over years.

I paused for a moment, took one deep, relaxing breath, and said. "Nothing. I'm done."

"C'mom, I know you better than that. You just expect me to believe your going to cash out and sit on your butt for the next 50 years?" he said.

"Yup. I'm done. I don't have the heart for this anymore." I said.

So every time I would see him after that, he would say "Well heck! Here comes ole "cash out!" then he would proceed to harass me about not being "in the game" anymore and tell me how he was still just one of the working stiffs.

What about you all?

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was a great high school athlete and love to talk about it so my friends call me al bundy

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
LMAO ken. Herm is my partial last name and I'm big. lol

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Still trying to figure out how I got mine ;)

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Mine was a call sign my guys made up for me back in 03 in afghanistan.

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My name is Brad and my favorite dog was Rowdy. Had him for 13 years, so I used his name as part of my user name. Plus I like to fight.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Mine came from AOL some 20+ years ago when they would assign you a user name if the one you wanted was taken.... Oh yea back in good old dial up days.

chicken wing

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Mine was from back when cock fighting was legal and i was going for my money fight and my bird lost his wing and i still kept him alive to win the derby. Guys started calling me chicken wing

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Mine was from back when cock fighting was legal and i was going for my money fight and my bird lost his wing and i still kept him alive to win the derby. Guys started calling me chicken wing

cock fighting lol

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
mine is from an old military callsign.

Reaction score
First time on the boards was last century...I was barely in H.S. KingMoose was a running joke from Jr. High.

cokezero

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
when i signed up at ology last year I had only planed on being there just long enough to ask a question or two then never come back. So when i was registering every name I typed in said taken and there was a coke zero sitting in front of me so I thought no one would use that. and they didn't. If i would have know the addiction behind these sites I would have put a little more thought into it but now everyone knows me as cokezero so it is what it is. and just for the record if I drink a soft drink its a diet dr. pepper, go figure

cokezero

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was a great high school athlete and love to talk about it so my friends call me al bundy

I would use to believe this but after hearing you go off a time or two I would lean more towards it coming from Ted Bundy. just sayin

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would use to believe this but after hearing you go off a time or two I would lean more towards it coming from Ted Bundy. just sayin

lol ya I buggout sometimes

Jake_House

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hah this is a good thread. My buddies used to say "jaked" instead of "jacked". Then one winter after coming out of the wood work besides to train, my buddies saw me up about 30lbs from the last time we saw one another. So one of em was like jesus christ kid your a house. Some how it turned into Jake (jaked) house and the rest is history. Retarted I know but we're not stereotyped as meatheads for nothing.

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol that's good dude.

Solid Snake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I got mine from the Metal Gear Solid video game. For those who have played it you know how badass Solid Snake is.

Reaction score
Mine is a given a longhorn and bevy haha aint to hard to put together if your from texas that is

New Threads