acetyl-cystein(NAC) and Alpha Lipoic Acid(ALA) in BB

andy

Elite
Reaction score
what would be the main reasons you are using them as BB if u are?

joeyirish777

Reaction score
Curious myself, peoples personal experiences with these 2. Together they could benefit a person dozens of ways.

I combined 600mg of NAC ED, Selenium 200mcg ED, and Vit E after I went into a rut post surgery. I wish I had a glucometer then but I did notice my energy levels started becoming more consistent until I could finally get back into the swing of things.

NAC as compound isn't even just backed by bro science either. I was just doing research with a sports nutritionist for the U.S. open and he had gone off about the benefits of NAC and selenium along with the studys on em... all for me to regurgitate lol.

So reasons to use em in my un-professional opinion... cellular function(long-term stuff like skin aging), processing foods so they will actually make the protein you consume more bio-available(if you were having issues with that before hand), can help with pre-diabetic like states(again if you were in that predicament). Thats everything applicable to BB off the top of my head.

Also, Times Roman has a great thread on NAC.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Glutathione is a good one, but it's a bit pricey as a standalone and will be a side-benefit of taking cheaper NAC, so cost-effectiveness becomes a concern.
R-ALA is a better version of ALA but brings the same cost-effectiveness questions as the above.
T-UDCA is a Taurine analog of the Rx UDCA and works for the liver along different pathways.

I juice ... therefore I am.
I used to do heavy doses of Ethanol juice ... somehow I still am.
And, on Rx Statins now, so I'm liver-conscious these days.

New Threads