Strategies for keeping gains coming off cycle

Reaction score
What do you all do to keep gains while coming off-cycle?

Curious about if you change your diet or workout routines in any way.

Reaction score
Keep eating and working out the same. I’ve honestly never kept gains very well at all coming off. I go through PCT and still have a good amount left but then slowly it all fades away.

Maybe someone can teach us both something here...

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
The truth that no one wants to tell you is that you can't keep your gains. If you gained muscle with PEDS the only way to keep them is to keep taking the drugs that gave you the gains.

If you want examples, look at Dorian Yates, Kevin Levrone, Flex Wheeler or any other retired bodybuilder then and now.

What you can do is slow down the loss by continuing to eat more and keep up your training intensity but again, reality is every day that you are off cycle, you are losing PED gains.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You can’t keep gains unless u do trt

Reactions: DF

DOOM

Reaction score
You should be able to keep at least 30-40 percent of your gains if you actually built lean muscle and not just water weight. Continue to workout and eat like you were still on cycle. Do what ever it takes to try and stay motivated. A good quality pre workout with with clinical dosages of creatine and and Eaa's.

Stay off the scale It will just play with your head. It is what you see in mirror that really matters!

Last edited:

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
you could go the Lee Priest route and balloon up with lots of fried chicken.

Gabriel

Reaction score
I disagree..I PCTed for years,and it was a bitch...but I keep between 50 to 75%..I found that the depression from being off was the real battle..not going to the gym,not eating right and of course not training correctly off cycle..you can't train the same off,you will not recover the same.. that's a mistake thinking you can..Now,let's look at the cycles..are they 16 or more?..if you are PCTing,cycles can't be crazy because that will affect the natural return..also compounds could be a factor..but there should be no reason why a 12 wk cycle of 2 compounds followed by proper PCT should not yield good gains..it should always be factored in the loss of gains but with a proper post plan keeping most IS possible..I did

BrotherIron

Reaction score
you could go the Lee Priest route and balloon up with lots of fried chicken.

There's something to be said about that... If you want to reset your body's set point and adjust it to that new weight you HAVE to keep eating to hold onto that new size. I'm actually a big believer of eating your way to new PR's. Rely less on PED's and more on FOOD.

New Threads