boyfriend in prep

rayray1205

Lady Member
Reaction score
My boyfriend is 15 weeks out from his show right now, and I want some advice on how to be as supportive as I can through this. I know he's going to need his space when he's getting closer to show date.. I'm a competitor as well, but have never been in a relationship with someone who has been in prep. Any advice would be amazing.
Thanks!

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
know when to walk away. We get dumb as hell the closer we get. reduced calories, extra exhaustion, and stress in general makes it much easier to snap.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
As Bricks said, ask him what would help him. We are all different and cope with the stress of competing in different ways. Maybe dont eat a pizza or some ice cream in front of him. :) It also depends on his age and how good his control gate is.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Be patient with him,
Since you compete as well you can
Relate better to what he's going through!
And welcome to the underground!!!!

sfw509

Reaction score
Patience and communicate. Talk about the plan. Tell him to tell you when he needs space. If you tell him it's okay to tell you he wants to be left alone if could face some pressure off of him, he might be less likely to be an a-hole when he does.

And like motown1002 said, don't eat pizza and ice cream in front of him.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
If you have competed yourself in anything, you already know the toll it takes. Dieting suck, hard dieting worse but just the fact that you went out of your way to join and ask about it means you both will be fine.

Going the other way on the BJ's. Close to a competition, a good quality full body massage trumps a BJ any day of the week.

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Meal prep and head always did it for me

New Threads