Diuretics for Water Retention/Bloating

Reaction score
What are y'alls thoughts on using dieuretics to get rid of some water retention during cycles (like lasix or hydrochlorothiazide)?

Was thinking about it because I've got some annoying water retention in hands and ankles, probably elsewhere too just not as noticeable.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
would be very wreckless. They are hard on the kidneys plus you will be more likely to injure yourself in the gym by pulling a muscle. There is a reason you are holding so much excess water, figure out the cause instead of throwing on more drugs.

Reaction score
Thanks Brock.

What are most common causes? High blood pressure, sodium intake? I was thinking it was just mainly a side from high testosterone.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Drink more water to get rid of bloat. Try doubling your intake for a couple days.

IME bloat is usually from elevated E2.

it is not related to elevated testosterone levels. If it were all the pros would look like blimps;)

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I switched to lower carb/higher fats on my rest days, but same Cals though. It helped get the bloat/fat fukk feeling under control.

Reaction score
Estradiol was 74 about 10 days ago when I got drawn. Is that high? I went down from taking .5 adex every other day to twice a week about 3-4 weeks ago too.

The increased water retention seems to have started about 2-3 weeks ago.

Reaction score
I have definitely had trouble keeping sodium intake down since I increased my calorie intake so much. I have not been eating as clean of a diet as I used to. Also blood pressure is mildly high.

sfw509

Reaction score
Like Jin said, and your numbers seem to confirm. More water and might be worth adding back in more adex.

Could be worth taking a closer look at the diet.

Any possible health concerns that could be causing it?

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
High bp is probably water retention related. Estrogen at 74 is a bit high. Not drastically but some people are more sensitive to holding water from higher estrogen then others. Get that dialed in and you will probably be alright. I also find that when on blast, I’m more sensitive to holding water if the diet gets sloppy. I know it’s tempting to eat sloppy when calorie needs are higher, but it’s more sustainable appetite wise and body fat wise to just continue eating clean foods but a lot more of them.

Reaction score
Like Jin said, and your numbers seem to confirm. More water and might be worth adding back in more adex.

Could be worth taking a closer look at the diet.

Any possible health concerns that could be causing it?

Thanks, but no I am really healthy overall. I've never had any issues other than allergies and some minor digestive stuff.

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bad idea. What body fat percentage are you?

Blasetoise

Reaction score
Maybe 15%?

Accept the bloat simple Most likely what i do. I had a 8kg bloat due to my test (750mg) had to accept this. Only thing what was working was tapering the test down and that might wil **** up some gains in a bulking cycle.

Reaction score
Ok, well it seems like it's finally subsiding some. I took Jin's advice and increased Adex a bit. I also started some Var the past few weeks (not for the bloating), but I'm thinking that may be helping as well because I look less bloated, I lost a few pounds, and I have been making gains still so I know the weight loss isn't muscle.

Thanks for all the helpful advice everyone.