Feeling like crap on TRT

DeplorableCracker

Reaction score
These guys pretty much covered it all. Only thing I’ll toss in is IF you need AI maybe try switching to aromasin instead?

Reaction score
Hey just wanted to update. I’m feeling significantly better, and again thank you so much for all the input.

I spoke to my Dr Wednesday and he did order blood work. When I spoke to the dr and mentioned the arimidex might be making me feel like shit and asked him to drop it, he said it could be the exact opposite and may need to up the dose of arimidex but would like to run panels first.

Anyhow, after about a week of not taking Arimidex, reducing my pins from two times per week to one 200m, and not taking HCG (which I may start taking again eventually to drop my balls back down ��), I’m feeling so much better.

Not sure how to tell the dr that bro board experience worked and his assessment to increase arimidex is ridiculous..lol

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Glad we were able to help some man.

I would bet that your E2 was crashed hardcore. Now the game is on to find the comfortable dosing mix for yourself long-term.

El Gringo

Reaction score
Sounds like low E2. Do you have brain fog, unmotivated and weak? do you feel hungover (minus the stomach pains)?

That’s my symptoms for low E2. It’ll take a few days till you feel normal after stopping the Arimidex.

also sounds like a clinic you’re going to if they give you 200mg/wk with and AI and HCG.

you’re probably spending a minimum of $200/month.

all you need is 100-150mg/wk and none of that other stuff. HCG is only needed if you plan on having a kid and don’t want to risk the 1% of becoming infertile.

Try to find a real practitioner. insurance may not cover a script from a doctor, but with GoodRx coupons you’ll pay closer to $30-$40/month on testosterone cyp from the pharmacy

Last edited:
Reaction score
In case anyone was curious, here are my bloods I got back today. This was after being off the extra stuff for over week.

Also finally gave blood today and my hemoglobin was 18.5 which was high. Hemocrat was 54
test 1175

i don’t see an E2 on the test.

(Edit:need 25 posts in order to post results.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I appreciate the info Gringo. I was considering shopping the online market for T to save a few bucks, but if you read enough of these forums, you become a skeptic of everyone and everything,...lol not a bad thing.

Hopefully I’ll get this little TRT situated. I’m gonna look into the GoodRx, and find a primary that has some experience with hormone. my naturalist primary physician is not prescribing me T, unfortunately. Plus he’s too busy winning century runs, juicing beets and eating quinoa. True story.

Reaction score
In case anyone was curious, here are my bloods I got back today. This was after being off the extra stuff for over week.

Also finally gave blood today and my hemoglobin was 18.5 which was high. Hemocrat was 54
test 1175

i don’t see an E2 on the test.

(Edit:need 25 posts in order to post results.)

E2 results
Estradiol 37.9 pg/mL 7.6-42.6 Roche ECLIA methodology

DOOM

Reaction score
Damn that hematocrit is rather high for being on 200mg test. I donated last week at the hospital and I was @ 47.

I am on week 16 of Test @ 600mg and Npp @ 500mg.
You should consider donating.

Reaction score
I’ve been lurking for a little while. Recently started TRT after t-levels registered 163. Im 42 never did injections of anything before except b12, was mainly early 2000’s pro hormone user for sports performance a couple months out of the year.

I’m in my 3rd month and I gotta say I feel like crap, unmotivated, and lethargic. This is the exact opposite of what I was told and what I thought would happen.

Anyone else have this experience? Has it gotten better? If so, what did you do to change?

Prescription

1. 200/weekly t-cyph that has arimdex in the test bottle. (I bumped to 130 2x per week after the first month. No particular reason except I hoped it would help with the lathargy)

2. hcg 2x a week

Things I’ve changed in the last week reading up on the boards, mainly this one.

1. I’m donating blood in a couple weeks to help reduce hema. All the blood banks are slammed with free covid testing right now.

2. stopped arimidex test mix and only doing test cyph and arimidex on hand (pill form) handy in case.

3. no hcg

4. Reducing my injections and the amount to 1x per week 200m
I was put on 200mg of cyp per week by the VA and the more I was on trt the worse I felt. Just like you're describing. I went to an actual trt clinic since the VA didn't check estrogen, and my estrogen turned out to be way too high. This was just last week. I'm waiting on my AI to come in the mail. I chose to have my Arimidex in pills instead of with the shot so it could easily be adjusted and I wouldn't have to throw out my bottles of test and get new test if my Arimidex dosage would need changed along the way. The VA didn't check estrogen or prescribe an AI, and I've been on shots for 5 months. I'm hoping I'll feel better once getting estrogen in check, but I feel just like you explain.

Reaction score
You need to run blood work to figure out what's going on. Without that it's hard to give you any advice. It's also going to be hard if you keep changing your protocol for TRT. You E2 could be too high or too low. Your TT might be off. Etc.
I agree!definitly could be e2 or might even be prolactine level !

Reaction score
I agree!definitly could be e2 or might even be prolactine level !
It's posted in another thread, but my estrogen was high, and I posted my lab results. Estradiol was 96ng, when normal is 20-46ng or whatever unit it's measured in, and the range is not the exact numbers. I'd have to look at the blood work.

Daron_e

Reaction score
Any time I have tried an AI with TRT I feel like shit..EVEN when blood work indicated it might be necessary. Never again.

Kraken

Reaction score
HCG is only needed if you plan on having a kid and don’t want to risk the 1% of becoming infertile.

Well, unless you want your balls to remain a normal size. That's why I use it.

Damn that hematocrit is rather high for being on 200mg test. I donated last week at the hospital and I was @ 47.
Aspirin maybe?

New Threads